TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent NBN disconnection

justinvajmer
Level 2

Hi TPG,

I have been getting very frequent disconnection on my NBN. I have a Huawei HG659 modem which is about 3-4 years old now. 

NBN disconnects very so often its now almost a daily occurence. I've restarted the modem many time and it takes time to reconnect. Sometimes it will get reconnected on its own after like 5-10min. 

Could you check my connection issues or is it my TPG modem playing up?

This is getting quite frustrating.

Regards,

J

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @justinvajmer 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We've tested the line and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network. The modem doesn't seem a problem since it shows that it's been connected for almost 2 days and counting now.

If you are using a WiFi connection, we've created an article that will help you improve your home network. You may check Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

justinvajmer
Level 2
Hi Basil,

I still got a disconnection yesterday. It still happens. I've also noticed a reduced NBN speed on my 100plan.
I am at the point where I'm starting to look for alternatives. Been a long customer of TPG.
Another problem with the Huawei modem is I can't change the clock on it. It's defaulting to 2010 so it's very hard to troubleshoot the logs.
BasilDV

Hi @justinvajmer

We've created an article that will guide you on how to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN service. You may troubleshoot the speed issues with the help of our article as well.

The time stamp issue was fixed by upgrading the firmware of the HG659 modem/router. Could you check if what is the current firmware version of your modem? Will request for it to be upgraded if needed.

BasilDV