TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent NBN drop outs (West Ryde)

whale
Level 4

Getting lots of drop outs through out the day... lasting for about 20/30 seconds.

Router "System Log" doesn't show anything related to the dropouts.

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Thanks for arising this to us, whale.

We ran an initial test to the service, the result shows no dropout and line fault causing issues to the connection. What devices are affected with the dropouts?

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us know how it will go.

Getting lots of drop outs through out the day... lasting for about 20/30 seconds.

Router "System Log" doesn't show anything related to the dropouts.

whale
Level 4

Hi,

After my first message the problems were resolved -- until now.
The brief outages/dropouts have started happening again and the speeds (which I am constantly monitoring with a tool) have dropped to a consistent 40Mbps (not the advertised 50Mbps).

All devices in the home are effected by this.

Thanks,

Shane

What devices are getting 40Mbps speed? Could you please post a screenshot of speedtest on both Smartphone via Wi-Fi and Laptop/desktop via LAN/Ethernet?

Hi,

After my first message the problems were resolved -- until now.
The brief outages/dropouts have started happening again and the speeds (which I am constantly monitoring with a tool) have dropped to a consistent 40Mbps (not the advertised 50Mbps).

All devices in the home are effected by this.

Thanks,

whale
Level 4

All devices are getting around 40Mbps. I'll post the screenshot later.
Right now there is another outage (but it's not the short period 20/30sec type).
Could you pls take a look at my connection now?

Thanks.

whale
Level 4

Ok. I restarted the router by turning the power off/on and now it's back up.

Here is the pic of the automated speed checker.
After I raised the ticket (the 1st message) -- speed went up to around 50.
Then it came back down again, consistently lower.

BasilDV

Hi @whale

The speed that you are getting is still within range of the NBN50 plan.

You'll not be able to attain the exact 50Mbps speed every time as we need to consider the number of devices currently connected and using the service at the same time.

We can't detect any issues with your NBN service and it is currently running within specification.

BasilDV

whale
Level 4

Hi,

Today there have already been at least 3 drop outs (where my IP address has also changed).
The internet is also running very slowly. I just did a speed test (with nothing being downloaded on any other device).

------

Hosted by AARNet (Sydney) [0.09 km]:

Ping: 100.904 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 15.13 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 0.87 Mbit/s

BasilDV

Hi @whale

We'll raise this with our Tech team for further troubleshooting.

Someone will be in touch with you between 4PM - 5PM today.

BasilDV