TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent NBN drop outs past 2 weeks

GWRR986gz
Level 2

Hi

My NBN connection has been frequently dropping out over the past 4 weeks. Initially I'd thought it was heavy usage within neighbourhood over the Xmas break and so took no further action. I'd kept noticing it did not improve but gotten more noticeable. Its now a month and getting very annoying as its affecting my work from home, losing stuff that I'm uploading etc. After googling around I did a ping test to check and it did show several ocasions where there was NO CONNECTION. The webpages I'm looking at will suddenly show No network connection, or network changeD. I've checked all my wiring etc and all seems in order. PLEASE CHECK! Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @GWRR986gz,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line.

We weren't able to detect any fault within the NBN network and the modem shows that the connection has been stable for 2 weeks and counting.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection?

Please note that the WiFi signal is prone to interference, which may have caused the issue. We've created and article that will guide you on how to improve your home network. You may check this link:  Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

If you are using a Wired connection, is the dropout occur at a specific time or random? May you share the screenshot of the tests that you've performed for us to analyze?

BasilDV

GWRR986gz
Level 2

Hi

Wired connections.

Here's ping tests 21Jan

BasilDV

Thank you @GWRR986gz.

Are you still experiencing the issue? Do you have the latest test result?

As of the moment, we are unable to detect any fault within the NBN network.

Reboot the modem/router and the NBN NCD and observe the connection. If the issue persists, please let us know or contact our Tech team on 1300 997 271 for real time support.

BasilDV