TPG Community

Get online support

High Latency from Perth to SEA server - COD and Dota 2

bloods
Level 3

Hey,

Just an update for you, TPG engineer told me that there's nothing they can do, as these server are out of their hand, but instead insisting me to call the game developer and find out the reason. Surprise huh? I also explained to them its all the games, not only one.

When did you realize you couldn't play SEA?

Cheers

hooch
Level 3

How can it be the game server when it was working fine up to about 3-4 weeks ago from today and I agree it's SEA servers from other games not just Dota2's.

TPG have changed something to cause this issue no doubt. Once I'm off contract with TPG in 6 months I'm out.

jvn97
Level 2

Have been getting the same issue trying to connect to Singapore servers in Apex Legends. Last week, my latency was roughly 100 ms, but now is well over 300. My friends on different ISPs have no issues whatsoever with latency and still get around 100 ms.

Doing a tracert of the Apex server says I'm being routed to Los Angeles before Singapore.

Really hope this gets fixed.

bloods
Level 3

@hooch wrote:

How can it be the game server when it was working fine up to about 3-4 weeks ago from today and I agree it's SEA servers from other games not just Dota2's.

TPG have changed something to cause this issue no doubt. Once I'm off contract with TPG in 6 months I'm out.

True, TPG did change something to cause this. Dota 2 now is routed to HK, instead direct to SG.

Iam keen to know which ISP is better than TPG..I am going to change as well..

hooch
Level 3

@jvn97 wrote:

Doing a tracert of the Apex server says I'm being routed to Los Angeles before Singapore.

This would be why I'm getting a better ping to US West server than I am to Singapore on Dota2.

TKC91
Level 2

@bloods wrote:

@hooch wrote:

True, TPG did change something to cause this. Dota 2 now is routed to HK, instead direct to SG.

Iam keen to know which ISP is better than TPG..I am going to change as well..

Yea, same situation here. Not sure if I can say which ISP provider I'll be going with here but I'll definitely be changing next week or so to ABB or SL. 

Was really happy with TPG since I came over last year from another so called "big ISP", but recently TPG has also been really poor. So I'll try out another ISP and see how that goes.

hooch
Level 3

Is there no moderator reading these threads who can supply an answer or solution?

david64
Level 15

Moderators start work tomorrow. You might be better to make a new post summarising the problem of incorrect routing.  Last good response time is to a TPG device but bad from then on. We can't see the next device but TPG network admins should know where it goes and why.

For interest, ping each address in the tracert and look at the TTL count which is supposed to be a count down of each router it goes through.

juliangall
Level 2

Weeks ago i used to get 90'+ ping to singapore servers for apex legends... now it has spiked to 330+

it's stupid, I had to pay for software called exitlag JUST so i can play the game. My friends on aussie broadband have 0 issues with ping singapore and its sub 80-90's, ill give TPG a few more weeks to solve this else there is no point in me paying 10 bucks a month for software to find the best route.

DK20191111
Level 3

I am getting the issue exactly same issue since the same period 

I tried to connect the game with the wifi in work place, which provided by Optus, It is fine,

so 100% issue from TPG