TPG Community

Get online support

Home Superfast Plan - Complimentary Speedboost email

SOLVED Go to solution
gumster2
Level 2

Hi there.

I received an email from TPG on the 12/2/21 to let me know that I've received a complimentary speed boost for 6 months.

It was supposed to begin on the day before I received the email but checking with an online speed tester, I'm still on my NBN 50 speed.

I have a modem/router that is compatible and I've turned off the NBN box and restarted it as well as my modem but to no avail.I am on HFC.

Just wondering if I'll eventually receive this complimentary temporary speed boost or for some reason or other I'm going to miss out.

Has anybody else here received this complimentary speed boost?

Here is a copy of the email.

"Please enjoy a complimentary 6 month internet speed boost from TPG!

From 11/02/2021 to 11/08/2021, you’ll be enjoying the new nbn™ Home Superfast plan with up to 4 times the estimated Typical Evening Speeds compared to your current plan^.

More speed means you should be able to download faster, video call at higher quality, stream on multiple devices and more.

The free speed boost will start and end automatically, so you don’t need to do a thing. Towards the end of your trial, we’ll send you some more details about available plans and how to upgrade if you’d like to stay on nbn™ Home Superfast.

Temp speed boost

For more information about the nbn™ Home Superfast plan, please see the NBN Key Facts Sheet and our Critical Information Summary.

Please note: Most modems can handle the estimated Typical Evening Speeds delivered by TPG nbn™ Home Superfast, however you may need to connect devices via Ethernet cable instead of WiFi if you have an older modem that isn’t performing well. More information and list of compatible modems is available here.

If you have any questions, please call us on 13 14 23 and we’ll be happy to help. 

Kind regards",

The TPG Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sirius
Level 3

you are a legend @Shane , changed channel from auto to x

2.4G (62.1 mbps DOWN / 31.9 mbps UP) channel 11

2.4G (75.1 mbps DOWN / 35.6 mbps UP) channel 1
2.4G (73.8 mbps DOWN / 45.9 mbps UP) channel 1
2.4G (75.8 mbps DOWN / 42.8 mbps UP) channel 1

5G (345 mbps DOWN / 43.8 mbps UP) channel auto
5G (309 mbps DOWN / 42.4 mbps UP) channel auto
5G (329 mbps DOWN / 45.1 mbps UP) channel auto

and I just checked my account data is still unlimited

View solution in original post

127 REPLIES 127
johnvsavage
Level 2

I have the identical problem.  I'm on TPG NBN50 via HFC and I  wonder if there is a 50MB/s limiter built into the modem/router provided by TPG.  I have noticed a marginal increase by about 1MB/s over my normal 47MB/s but that might have happened anyway given I have not checked speeds for a years or so

Kwijibo
Level 3

Looks like a promotion that is being run hoping people perceive an increase in performance and then subscribe to the plan. 

I have the same email and am monitoring via the ACCC samknows program.

There has been no increase in performance.

Kwijibo
Level 3

@johnvsavage wrote:

I have the identical problem.  I'm on TPG NBN50 via HFC and I  wonder if there is a 50MB/s limiter built into the modem/router provided by TPG.  I have noticed a marginal increase by about 1MB/s over my normal 47MB/s but that might have happened anyway given I have not checked speeds for a years or so

Looks like a promotion that is being run hoping people perceive an increase in performance and then subscribe to the plan. I have the same email and am monitoring via the ACCC samknows program.

There has been no increase in performance.

Ahra_G

Hi @gumster2, @Kwijibo and @johnvsavage

The Complimentary Speed Boost for 6 months should take effect on the indicated dates from the confirmation email we sent. 

You may perform basic troubleshooting which you can find on this link: Speed Issue

Otherwise, please send me individually each of your TPG account details (Customer ID/username) via private message in order for us to run remote tests on your connection.

Regards,

Ahra_G

johnvsavage
Level 2
Ahra_G,. Who are you (given you want our user IDs etc) ?
Riezl

Hi @johnvsavage, @Ahra_G is one of the TPG community moderators. If you want us to help with your concern, you may send us a private message with your TPG account details.

I have also replied to your post here: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/I-can-t-get-the-complimentary-speed-boost-to-200M...

Rsmck
Level 3
Same here received the same email. Seems marketing and technical teams are not on the same page and someone sent the email but forgot to tell the techs. My plan still shows nbn 50 in the app and the app is faulty and can no longer show me my speed. external testing shows no change in speed. I have raised a ticket with tpg support but still waiting for a response on fixing the app. Would be nice if tpg were actually proactive on their own promotion and checked it was working. It must be possible to check their side if they have successfully implemented the upgrade to the customers they chose, rather than the customers having to check themselves.
Riezl

Hi @Rsmck, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. We appreciate your feedback and we'll pass this on internally. We'd like to take a look at your account to check what can be done to resolve your concern.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

sumangmr
Level 2
I also got the same email, but mine speed got worst.