TPG Community

Get online support

Home Superfast Plan - Complimentary Speedboost email

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @gads83,

The NBN Speed Gift project is ongoing still and on trial phase. You do not need to do anything you will receive an email from us once the speed boost is applied. 

Regards, 

Thanks Shane. I'm on FTTP but haven't recieved an email or any notification. I am using the supplied TPG modem is this an issue?

gads83
Level 2

@ShaneThanks mate

Shane

You're welcome!

@ShaneThanks mate

neon60
Level 2

Hi, having the same problem (my first message)...

Just post to pm

richkoto
Level 2
Hi I am also having speed issues, I cannot seem to send PM to anyone, can you please advise how to resolve this?
BasilDV

Hi @richkoto

Thanks for raising this with us.

To confirm that you are not a Bot, we require for a new user to post at least once to become level 2 in order to submit a private message.

I can confirm that you are not a level 2 user, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the screenshot of the notification that you received regarding the free speed boost.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

OwenB
Level 2

Last week I requested TPG remove the "speedboost" on our connection and reinstate our original 100/40 plan.  

I did this because since the free upgrade in Feb we noticed the download speed went from 100Mbps to 240Mbps which in theory was great, BUT we also noticed our upload speed changed from around 38Mbps to less than 10Mbps.

Given we have an NBN fibre connection to the building we found this speed drop unacceptable and it was impacting our Internet usage.  TPG initially denied the upload speed would have changed and on-site visits by both a TPG tech and NBN tech could find nothing wrong with the equipment or the NBN connection.  But did happen at the same time as "boost" was actioned so pretty clear to us it was related.

Eventually they recommended replacing the 14 month old TPG modem with a new one (at our expense)  which improved the upload to 15Mbps, but still well short of the original 38Mbps.

We shall see what results the "downgrade" now brings, but if it doesn't reinstate the original 100/40 plan we signed up for then we'll be moving to another ISP who can fix the issue.  A direct fibre connection to the building in Mitcham, Victoria, should have much greater capacity than what TPG are currently providing here.

Anyone else had similar experiences since the "speedboost" was actioned?

Shane

Hi @OwenB,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help see what causes the drop of upload speed of the service to better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Last week I requested TPG remove the "speedboost" on our connection and reinstate our original 100/40 plan.  

I did this because since the free upgrade in Feb we noticed the download speed went from 100Mbps to 240Mbps which in theory was great, BUT we also noticed our upload speed changed from around 38Mbps to less than 10Mbps.

Given we have an NBN fibre connection to the building we found this speed drop unacceptable and it was impacting our Internet usage.  TPG initially denied the upload speed would have changed and on-site visits by both a TPG tech and NBN tech could find nothing wrong with the equipment or the NBN connection.  But did happen at the same time as "boost" was actioned so pretty clear to us it was related.

Eventually they recommended replacing the 14 month old TPG modem with a new one (at our expense)  which improved the upload to 15Mbps, but still well short of the original 38Mbps.

We shall see what results the "downgrade" now brings, but if it doesn't reinstate the original 100/40 plan we signed up for then we'll be moving to another ISP who can fix the issue.  A direct fibre connection to the building in Mitcham, Victoria, should have much greater capacity than what TPG are currently providing here.

Anyone else had similar experiences since the "speedboost" was actioned?