TPG Community

Get online support

Home Superfast Plan - Complimentary Speedboost email

sujathab
Level 2

Hi there.

I received an SMS from TPG on 23/2/21 to let me know that I've received a complimentary speed boost for 6 months.

It was supposed to begin on the day before I received the email but checking with an online speed tester, I'm still on my NBN 50 speed.

I have a modem/router that is compatible and I've turned off the NBN box and restarted it as well as my modem but to no avail

Just wondering if I'll eventually receive this complimentary temporary speed boost or for some reason or other I'm going to miss out.

Compare to earlier, the internet is droping ...

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @sujathab ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help and check the status of the Complimentary NBN Speed boost, to better understand the situation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@sujathab wrote:

Hi there.

I received an SMS from TPG on 23/2/21 to let me know that I've received a complimentary speed boost for 6 months.

It was supposed to begin on the day before I received the email but checking with an online speed tester, I'm still on my NBN 50 speed.

I have a modem/router that is compatible and I've turned off the NBN box and restarted it as well as my modem but to no avail

Just wondering if I'll eventually receive this complimentary temporary speed boost or for some reason or other I'm going to miss out.

sujathab
Level 2

Thank you so much for your kind reply and I restarted my Modem and working good. Still sometimes dropping. Will check or test some more days and ping you again

Ahra_G

We're glad to know that the issue is now sorted, @sujathab.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our community page today at https://community.tpg.com.au

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Regards,

Ahra_G

InternetUser
Level 2
I’m not receiving the complimentary speed boost either but apparently I have to post a message first before I can private message a moderator. I’ll PM now.
DelisleScott
Level 2

@sujathab wrote:

Hi there.

L Brands Aces

in-home set up/wiring and will be confirmed post connection for FTTN/B/C. Not avail. on Fixed Wireless. More on nbn speeds.As a wholesaler, nbn is responsible for the infrastructure that connects your home. To switch to an nbn™ powered plan, speak to your phone and internet provider.

alextan99
Level 2

Hi,

I have the same issue. Received complimentary speed boost for 6 months, but no matter how many times I reboot the nbn box and modem, the most I can get is 70mbps. Any settings I need to change? Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @alextan99

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that our Tech team has been in touch, but you weren't at home to perform some troubleshooting.

They've scheduled to call you back within the day to continue to test in regards to the complimentary speed boost.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

alextan99
Level 2

Hi,

I am not sure is a joke or insult. They return my call and trying to run test. When I told her that I get around 71mbps, she said I am lucky I got 71mbps as my package is 50mbps. I told her that about the email from TPG on the complimentary super fast NBN, the speed should be 200mbps. She told me lots of story, this is a testing project, sound like I get 71mbps is considered lucky , and not necessary I will get 200mbps. I gave up, I advise her to check the email that sent out to customer.

Riezl

Hi @alextan99, please be advised that your service speeds are not guaranteed and may vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG.

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Nonetheless, we'll look into this further to see if the speed you're getting at the moment can be improved. Kindly await further updates from our Technical Team.