I call BS on any fix that TPG has provided; none of these work and trying to get people to perform the same thing over and over again with the same results, well ... ... ... “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
The way I fixed it was by going out and buying a new router ... Which I shouldn't have to do because something that works on every other device normally takes 15 months (going by the original post) and no even acknowledgement of a problem. Even to the point of asking how often I reboot my router; how frequently should I be rebooting it? Every time I want to connect to Xbox Live? I think not. As soon as I turn on the xbox now with the new router, plugged in via ethernet. Wow, it works straight away.
This is clearly an issue with the devices you provided; clearly shown by the amount of people who have come to this thread.
I just got TPG NBN a couple of days ago and have the same Xbox One issues as the previous posters. When connected by wired connection to my new tplink router my Xbox live is no-go. However I also find my PC won't connect to the router, it says "cable unplugged", but if I move the same cable to my old adsl router it connects and gets an ip address (but no internet as the adsl has been turned off), so no problem with the cable or PC. Neither of these devices have fixed IPs at the moment.
From previous posts I imagine wifi would work but I don't want this as games that require stable low latency etc do not play as well over wifi.
It also looks like at present there is no solution other than ditching the router. Luckily I didn't get a fixed term contract with TPG NBN, I've been happy with TPG for 18 years(!) but I will regretfully have to try another provider if I can't resolve these problems. I don't want to but I'm not getting what I need, and from previous posts here I better not hold my breath for a fix.
Hello tpg, I'm new to the community.
Has this issue been resolved? We recently transferred from long time tpg adsl no issues to hfc nbn now Xbox live won't work. Same issues and screen shots and tpg supplied router as described in this thread. Tried the suggested fixes in thread to no avail. TPG have you found a fix? Thanks.
I have the same problem on my xbox series X. The wireless works flawlessly but when trying to reboot the xbox and use a wired connection I have a problem where the xbox network tests say that everything is fine but it wont connect. The only solution is to go into the advanced network settings on the xbox, chose a different port (usually #3 on the list, its always a different port), and then I have to choose "clear MAC address to restart the xbox. Its such a pain to do every single time. I don't understand why it doesnt just work!
1. I have set a static IP of 192.168.1.205
2. I have enabled the DMZ for that static IP.
3. I have tried disabling uPnP or leaving it on.
4. I have bound the MAC address of the xbox to the static IP and have also added the static IP to the reservation list.
5. I have checked the connection speed of the wired cable and it shows 100mbps even though I'm certain its capable of 1000mbps. My TV is hard wired using identical cables and shows 1000mbps. I have swapped them and the xbox still only shows 100.
6. I have tried port forwarding instead of using a DMZ. Still have the same problem. Here is a screen shot of the ports I have forwarded. Please let me know if I've done something wrong. Note that they are all currently disabled as I'm trying to get DMZ to work.
Please help! I just want to be able to turn on my xbox and have it work on a wired connection without having to reboot the ** thing.