TPG Community

Get online support

Insane amount of: NBNCo planned maintenance alerts

whale
Level 4

* In the last 3 days TPG sent me 3 emails saying: There will be NBN maintenance / all day outage (the target date being shifted by +1 day everytime).

* In the last 6 or so months -- there seems to be planned full day outage NBN maintenance at least every 2 weeks (or so the alerts warn)... but usually there is absolutely no outage.

1) Why is this happening?

2) Can TPG tell NBN to stop doing this.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Aubrey

Hi @whale, planned network upgrade and maintenance are done from time to time to ensure continued performance on the network. Where possible, these works are performed during non-peak times.

Whenever we are made aware about these planned works of NBN Co, we send notifications to our impacted customers via email and/or SMS. Should you prefer, you may opt out from receiving these notifications. You can send your details via private message.

Aubrey

whale
Level 4

The problem isn't the alert system itself. The problem is the incorrect alerts -- the false positives.

As I said: Every 2 weeks we are told there will be an all day outage -- and there is no outage.
The last 3 days everyday: We were warned of an all day outage (and everyday the [planned outage day] was changed 3 times in a row). Why?

Why is the NBN doing supposed maintenance every 2 weeks in the last 6 months?
Why are they feeding us all these false positive alerts that don't eventuate?

Can you email the NBN on behalf of TPG and ask them these questions.
(When I ask the NBN -- they tell me to talk to my provider -- which is TPG).

Thanks.

Aubrey

Depending on the nature of the work or the cause of the planned outage, this may or may not affect your service. In some cases, they also receive a notice of a planned power outage from the local power supplier which may affect the NBN network. As result, they notify the all the ISPs in the impacted area of a possible loss of service.

You may also check https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status for details about the planned outages.

Aubrey