TPG Community

Get online support

Intermittent wifi issues with router - Archer VR1600v

qak
Level 3
Level 3

We have recently developed some intermittent problems, seemingly related to the router.

We have FTTC which has been very good.

We will always have several devices connected via wifi to access the internet.

Lately we have found that a device will suddenly either be unable to connect to the router, or be connected and have no internet. However - other devices will remain connected and maintain internet access, so the issue seems to be at the router level.

How do we troubleshoot or fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @qak

Thanks for raising this with us.

If the device that is experiencing the issue is connected via WiFi, then a signal interference issue may have caused this.

We've created some articles that will guide you on how to improve your home WiFi network. Refer to these articles:

Let me know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

qak
Level 3
Level 3

I did those steps, have rebooted and have even done a factory reset, and it was OK until 8.45-900 am Thursday (I can tell due to log of another device) and all these issues have started again, with devices dropping out, and periods of slowness.

For some reason the log files aren't very long, it seems to be resetting/deleting quite frequently. I tried to attached the previous log file but can't attach txt files.

I can also see this type of message in the current (& previous) log very frequently:

22021-02-21 10:40:17VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
32021-02-21 10:40:17VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
42021-02-21 09:33:03VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
52021-02-21 09:33:03VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
62021-02-21 09:15:27VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
72021-02-21 09:15:27VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
82021-02-21 09:08:45VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call

The phone service seems to be OK, we certainly have dial tone & I just called our number using my mobile, but we don't receive that many calls anyway.

I gather lots of people have issues with the modem itself, how do we test it isn't faulty?

Ahra_G

Thanks for trying the given troubleshooting steps, @qak.

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can check your connection and have our Technical Team to assist you. 

qak
Level 3
Level 3

I've tried to send a PM but I think my messaging has been turned off due to some spam I was receiving from other Community users?