TPG Community

Get online support

Internet Periodically drops out

cathgiuliano
Level 2

My internet speeds drop to 0.1 mbps every two or three minutes for about a minute. I have TPG NBN, no maintantence issues been reported for either TPG or NBN. This happens at all times of the day and night I have done every kind of troubleshooting that TPG recommends and have factory reset my router (Archer VR1600v). Any kind of support would be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @cathgiuliano 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault as of the moment.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection? When the connection drops out, did you notice the changes on the light on your NBN NTD box and router?

BasilDV

cathgiuliano
Level 2

Im using ethernet from the router to my computer however this problem also extends to wireless connections. Recently what happens is that after periodically dropping out the frequency of the dropouts increases and then the internet light on the router turns off. Then nothing I do can fix and I juust have to wait it out. Aso there is no change to the NBN box.

Shane

Hi @cathgiuliano,

Thanks for the additional details. 

Please send me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time, we'll have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time test and investigation.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Im using ethernet from the router to my computer however this problem also extends to wireless connections. Recently what happens is that after periodically dropping out the frequency of the dropouts increases and then the internet light on the router turns off. Then nothing I do can fix and I juust have to wait it out. Aso there is no change to the NBN box.