TPG Community

Get online support

Internet dropout once a day

SOLVED Go to solution
Dhamm
Level 2

Hi there,

Over the past 7-10 days my internet has been dropping out once or twice a day at random times.

I look over and see that my NBN Router has lost all lights and is restarting, which leads me to believe it is the NBN dropping out briefly.

TPG sent me SMS's this week on Monday 30/11, saying there was a NBN outage in my area and it has now been fixed, but I am still getting the internet dropouts. Could this be looked into please, with my connection to the NBN?

Kind regards,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @Dhamm, we have escalated your concern to our Engineering Team and a case engineer will contact you to discuss the progression of the case. If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised through SMS or phone call.

Kindly await further updates within 24 hours.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Dhamm 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've checked the account and learned that a local power supplier has advised NBN CO of a planned electricity interruption that may affect the nbn network.

Due to the planned interruption, nbn End Users may experience a loss of service to their phone/internet service for the duration of the outage window.

It is now resolved and your service looks stable as of the moment. Please observe your service if the issue will persists and check the light status on both NBN NTD box and NBN router.

BasilDV

Dhamm
Level 2

Hi Basil,

That's for coming back to me with that information.

I can confirm it is still happening at least once a day unfortunately, where my internet cuts out and the NBN box resets and all lights go off. And it comes back online 5 minutes later. The times are very sporadic when it happens, sometimes during my work calls in the day, and sometimes when I am gaming at home.

I receieved a text message from TPG notifying that NBN will be doing a maintaince next Wednesday 16/12 in my area. I hope this resolves the issue. I wish they were doing it sooner like today.

Kind regards,
David

p.s. As I am writing this repsonse, my internet has cut out twice in the last 10 minutes.

Riezl

Hi @Dhamm, we have escalated your concern to our Engineering Team and a case engineer will contact you to discuss the progression of the case. If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised through SMS or phone call.

Kindly await further updates within 24 hours.