TPG Community

Get online support

Internet frequently goes slow or drops out after upgrading NBN12 to NBN25

SOLVED Go to solution
Marky2750
Level 2

Hi further to the above,

randomly (8-12 times per day or sometimes a lot more) our internet speed will go from 22-25mbps to 800kb - 1mps or completely drop out for like 5 minutes. This issue only started occurring after upgrading our plan recently. Turning the modem on/off provides a temporary fix.

thw wifi signal strength looks fine all around the apartment.

requesting assistance,

regards mark 

ps. Had to repost to turn on email update 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Marky2750,

Thanks for the additional details. It is possible that your current NBN plan is not suitable for multiple streaming at the same time. You may change to the next NBN plan (NBN50) online for free.

You may visit this article for reference: Guide to choosing the best TPG NBN Plan for you

Regards,

Hi Basil,

thanks for doing that for me, i've monitored it over the past few days and asked my wife her experiences.

This is some further info.

- Lag/slow net intermittantly between 6-10pm (playing games online while someone else watching netflix, the netflix won't have any issues, but ill be lagging and get disconnected). Also when im watching Twitch the stream will lag.

- So 2 people using @ same time (netflix, gaming) and we also have other devices connected but idle (ipads, phones etc.)

-other times of day/night seem good atm

Is it an issue we have the 25mb plan or is the next plan up more suitable?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Marky2750 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault within the network.

Your service shows that it has been stable for almost a day now. Did you notice if the issue is time specific or is it random?

If you are experiencing slow speed, please check the article that we've created to troubleshoot it.

BasilDV

Marky2750
Level 2

Hi Basil,

thanks for doing that for me, i've monitored it over the past few days and asked my wife her experiences.

- Lag/slow net intermittantly between 6-10pm (playing games online while someone else watching netflix, the netflix won't have any issues, but ill be lagging and get disconnected). Also when im watching Twitch the stream will lag.

- So 2 people using @ same time (netflix, gaming) and we also have other devices connected but idle (ipads, phones etc.)

Shane

Hi @Marky2750,

Thanks for the additional details. It is possible that your current NBN plan is not suitable for multiple streaming at the same time. You may change to the next NBN plan (NBN50) online for free.

You may visit this article for reference: Guide to choosing the best TPG NBN Plan for you

Regards,

Hi Basil,