TPG Community

Get online support

Message Unable to join the network

rosanna18
Level 2

Hi Team,

Old iPad using Version iOS 9.3.5

I tried connecting my old iPad to the 5G Hiome Broadband. The username and password are correct. The message after key the password:

Unable to join the newtork.

I am able to connect all my other devices even my old andriod laptop.

Can you advise me.

Thank you.

Eddy

6 REPLIES 6
Angeli

Hi Eddy, 

Welcome to TPG Community! 

If your old IPad supports 2.4Ghz, I would recommend to disable the band steering via modem portal. Then, personalise your home WiFi settings. (SSID and password). 

Regards, 

Angeli

Souvira
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

I have the same problem trying to connect my iPad to my newly activated TPG 5G broadband. Your reply is not clear and does not really help me at all. Could you explain more simply what I need to do please. Thank you.

Souvira

Shane

Hi @Souvira,

What version if iPad are you trying to connect to the Wi-Fi? The error message shows due to the incompatiblity of the device's W-Fi network. We need to disable the Bandsteering of the modem/router for the iPad to connect to the Wi-Fi, please confirm the make and model of the modem so we can provide the steps.

rosanna18
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

how I can {disable the band steering via modem portal. Then, personalise your home WiFi settings. (SSID and password).} you advise below.

Thank you

Eddy

doncaster
Level 2

Hi,

I am having the same problem. My modem is the Sagemcom Fast 5866T. There is no band steering option on the wireless page. I just been on the phone with TPG for more than 1 hour and there is no solutions. Please assist

BasilDV

Hi @doncaster

We'd like to review the troubleshooting that's been performed by our Tech team.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV