TPG Community

Get online support

Move nbn modem to other end of the house

Pra
Level 2
Level 2
We have our modem in one end of the house the part which use only as storage. The other end of the house is the one we are always in using internet for work, entertainment etc. the problem is internet is quite slow at the other side(further away from modem). We are using Orbi to extend the range. However the speed is almost half of what we should be getting. We are planning to move the modem to the otherside now. My question is can tpg send their installer for the purpose?
Next question I am interested in is review on 5g broadband. Has anyone been using it and what has their experience been?
TIA
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Master

Hi @Pra . What type of NBN connection do you have? There may be options depending on the type.

Pretty sure TPG won't do this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pra,

We recommend to hire a Private technician to perform the installation of the router extension. 

To get more details of our 5G home broadband you may visit the article that we created below.

All About TPG Home Wireless Broadband

Regards,

We have our modem in one end of the house the part which use only as storage. The other end of the house is the one we are always in using internet for work, entertainment etc. the problem is internet is quite slow at the other side(further away from modem). We are using Orbi to extend the range. However the speed is almost half of what we should be getting. We are planning to move the modem to the otherside now. My question is can tpg send their installer for the purpose?
Next question I am interested in is review on 5g broadband. Has anyone been using it and what has their experience been?
TIA