TPG Community

Get online support

My TPG FTTC internet connection frequently disconnects

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 3

My TPG FTTC internet connection frequently goes down for a few second before coming back up. This occurs several times a day. It seems to be much worse at peak times.

This is a major problem as I am working from home and require a reliable connection for meetings etc.

Can you please investigate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 3

The issue was apparently due to old/damaged phone line between the street and the indoor wall socket. NBNCo replaced this yesterday. So far so good.

Very fast response from both TPG and NBNCo. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @4636231 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

We have since raised the connection issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

david64
Level 15

Hi.

Does the dropout occur on ethernet devices or wifi devices or both?

How does it show up? For example, do pages not load in browser?

When it occurs, what happens to the lights on the wifi router? Does Internet light go out?

If ethernet, does the corresponding LANx light go off for a few seconds?

What do you have to do when internet recovers?

Level 3

All internet devices use Wi-Fi and lose internet at the same time. The DSL light on the NBN box goes off momentarily. A TPG guy told me that means the issue is outside of my house. They have handed it over to NBNCo. Techs are supposed to come out this week.

Level 3

The issue was apparently due to old/damaged phone line between the street and the indoor wall socket. NBNCo replaced this yesterday. So far so good.

Very fast response from both TPG and NBNCo. Thanks!

Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved. Feel free to drop us a message should you need further assistance. Cheers!