TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN to FTTP Upgrade Suburb

SOLVED Go to solution
BasilDV

Hi @robertjw

Is TPG going to set up their own network, outside of the NBN? - No. We will be using the technology provided by NBN.

They seem to be the only major ISP now who is not listed on the NBN website or have a plan to provide their  FTTN and FTTC customers an FTTP upgrade path. - This has been raised and we can assure customers that we are one of the service providers that will participate in the said upgrade. We understand that your interest has been registered and our team will be in touch with you as soon as the NBN FTTP upgrade becomes available.

BasilDV

robertjw
Level 4

Thanks Basil. Just getting impatient with the lack of a clear upgrade path, especially since my area of Sydney is being targetted by multiple other ISPs who offer a free upgrade to FTTP in a 1 to 3 week time frame.

Shane

Hi @swarmisti,

Good day! We can help register your service for the upgrade program. Shoot us a PM with your details to proceed.

How to send a PM?

Regards,

Hi Robert,
Did you get a clear answer about changing to FTTP and a higher speed plan?
I'm also in an area that nbnco has advised eligible for upgrade, but their site says to start by contacting your ISP.
Which I did.
From the responses above it appears TPG are taking the line of it being out if their hands. But when I raised my request I was advised that they could initiate the request, and that they'll be in touch. That was 2 weeks ago now.

What options do TPG customer have? Do we really need to churn to another ISP just to get FTTP?

Regards,
Scott

robertjw
Level 4

Hi Scott/Shane - no clear answer. It's been over three months now.

And I did not get an alert that Scott had replied to me. Strange.

Maybe the best action is go to another ISP. I am unwilling to at the moment because I can't risk my connection being down for days if thing go wrong.

Shane

Hi @robertjw,

TPG only submits the application on behalf of TPG customers who wish to sign up for the NBN FTTP upgrade program. Hence, we understand that everyone wants to get an upgrade as early as possible. Unfortunately, this NBN technology migration can only be done by NBNCo.

As soon as update with the migration becomes available you will receive a notification from us with the complete details. I cannot speak for other ISPs, but for sure, they almost do the same process.

Hi Scott/Shane - no clear answer. It's been over three months now.

And I did not get an alert that Scott had replied to me. Strange.

Maybe the best action is go to another ISP. I am unwilling to at the moment because I can't risk my connection being down for days if thing go wrong.

neirbomn
Level 3
I’ve just received notice from nbnco I can upgrade from FTTN to FTTP via email. I can confirm that TPG is NOT one of the providers listed for this “free“ upgrade route. Unless TPG can confirm otherwise I’ll be shifting to Aussie Broadband to take advantage of it.
Ahra_G

Hi @neirbomn

We can confirm that we are particpating in the NBN Fibre Upgrade program from FTTN to FTTP. 

Please confirm your service address via PM so we can check if your suburb is on the NBN list  and pre-register your service. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

mandb
Level 2

my address is available for upgrade.

i dont have an option to PM a moderator to preregister - I have followed instructions. 

Pls help otherwise I will have to turn to another already participating ISP. thanks. 

BasilDV

Hi @mandb

We'd like to register your interest in the NBN Fibre upgrade program.

The private message feature is only available once you've reached level 2.

Since you've posted a query, you may now be able to PM a moderator.

We'll be waiting for your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

robertjw
Level 4

Looks like that is the best action to take. TPG's response to upgrade requests is glacial.