TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTP dropouats EVERY DAY

danielryan999
Level 2

I have recently 'upgraded' to 100 MBs NBN FTTP. The connection stops MULTILPE TIMES a day regularly at around 12.10 pm and 10.00 pm. I have to then reboot my wireless mesh, TPG modem and NBN NTD. The NBN NTD regularly flashes orange lights, which implys a fault....Surely a green light would indicate no faults?

The support 'technician' does not listen to what the issue is, they just run a test and I get a SMS later syaing there is no issue. They only recommend to reboot the wireless mesh and try to lame my wireless. That is when I can get a person on the phone. I waited 30 minutes for a person to answer. While waiting I get told to go online for support. How can I go online for support when my connection is down. Is that not the DUMBEST advice ever?

29 disconnections for a total of 52 minutes in the last week!!!

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Master

Hi @danielryan999 . Normal operation is for Power, Optical and Alarm to be green. Red Optical and/or red Alarm indicate some problem.

Which lights flash orange?

What model wifi router do you have? And what model mesh?

When connection stops, what happens to lights on both boxes?

When connection drops, can you still login to the router admin?

If so, can you get the System Log? Can you paste some of the log into your reply.

danielryan999
Level 2

Which lights flash orange? UNI-D 1 on the NTD is orange. Optical is Green

What model wifi router do you have? And what model mesh? Modem is a TP LINK VX220-G2v, Mesh is TP LINK  Deco

When connection stops, what happens to lights on both boxes?No change. When connection stops only evidence is no ability to do a speed test using Ookla Speedtest. Reboot of Modem or NTD fixes issue.

When connection drops, can you still login to the router admin? Yes. Can reboot the router from admin page.

If so, can you get the System Log? Can you paste some of the log into your reply. I do not seem to be able to save the log....

danielryan999
Level 2

Photo attached to post above was taken during normal operation. Not outage

david64
Master

@danielryan999 . The UNI-D light flashes during data transfer with router. Orange indicates 1Gbps connection which is the VX220.

The Alarm light appears to be off which means box has detected no devices connected. I don't know what that means since that is normal operation for you.

Is speedtest the only thing that fails or is whole internet unavailable?

Before you have to reboot router from admin page, can you check status. Is VX220 still connected with a WAN ip address? Or has it changed fo all zeros?

Most routers let you save the system log to your computer as a text file. Open in Notepad, then copy and paste the last bit in your reply.

You must be using the Deco as an access point with VX220 as main router.

danielryan999
Level 2

Speedtest will not connect and no other websites will connect when issue occurs. I have a SAMKnows Whitebox which is constantly testing the line. I get dropouts showing (red lines in screenshot attached).

Deco is used as access point with VX220 as router connected to NTD. INstalled only four or five weeks ago.

Yes Modem shows 0.0.0.0 for PPOE when connection is lost.

I have setup the VX22 to reboot at 4.00 am every day.

david64
Master

@danielryan999 . Can you do without the VX for a few days? Connect Deco to NTD in wireless router mode? Same settings as VX. Turn VX off.

What model Deco is it?

kate_

We're here to help put an end to the dropouts, @danielryan999. If you send me a PM, we'll run some tests and get to the bottom of things.