TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC frequent dropouts

SOLVED Go to solution
gdkace
Level 2

Hi. I am having frequent (10-15 times a day) dropouts of my NBN HFC connection. It restores itself after about 5 min (upstream connection flashing), but creates a huge inconvenience for me. I am unable to get through on the support chat, so trying to reach out this way. As I can see, this is a common problem, which usually requires a visit by technician. Please HELP - will provide account details via private message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gdkace
Level 2

Technician was booked for Saturday morning and arrived on time. Checked the signal - good. Checked the box on the wall outside - good. Then decided to check the pit on the street. Found our pit and discovered that my cable in the pit had a kink in it. Replaced the bit of the cable with the kink with a patch. Technician was confident that this could be the reason for the dropouts. And he was right! Three days since not a single dropout. So, problem solved. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gdkace
Level 2

Technician was booked for Saturday morning and arrived on time. Checked the signal - good. Checked the box on the wall outside - good. Then decided to check the pit on the street. Found our pit and discovered that my cable in the pit had a kink in it. Replaced the bit of the cable with the kink with a patch. Technician was confident that this could be the reason for the dropouts. And he was right! Three days since not a single dropout. So, problem solved.