TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Home Superfast Plan upload speed

SOLVED Go to solution
ericalisha
Level 2

Hi, 

I signed up this NBN Home Superfast Plan recently and received the email that the plan change is completed.

When I perform speedtest from "speedtest.net", I am only getting around 20Mbps upload speed (similar to my previous NBN25 plan), is this normal?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @ericalisha ,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

View solution in original post

BasilDV

Hi @ericalisha

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

Did you test the speed via Wired or WiFi? If via WiFi, are you using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

BasilDV

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ericalisha
Level 2

Hi,

I am getting these download and upload speed, tried three times on speedtest.net.

Date: 18/8/2021

Time: 2:20am - 2:25am

1. 139.58 Mbps / 23.41 Mbps (Telstra Chatswood)

2. 179.28 Mbps / 22.78 Mbps (Vocus Communications Sydney)

3. 159.44 Mbps / 23.49 Mbps (Vocus Communications Sydney)

Riezl

Hi @ericalisha ,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

ericalisha
Level 2

Hi Admin,

I am getting around 110Mbps download speed since the upgrade on 18th August (anytime of the day including evening), upload speed is around 18-20Mbps.

I was getting more than 200Mbps+ during the 6 months trial.

Please check thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @ericalisha

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

Did you test the speed via Wired or WiFi? If via WiFi, are you using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

BasilDV

ericalisha
Level 2

Hi Admin,

I checked, the download speed was different between 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz, the later one can higher than 180Mbps.

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @ericalisha

The 5GHz band network will provide you a much higher speed compared to 2.4GHz.

This article will provide you a bit of information with the difference of 2.4GHz and 5GHz band network.

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

paulsexstone
Level 2

ivbbe been battling tpg for over two months on this, im a tech myself and ive had nbn co out, teplace network device, switch ports, tested fiber, replaced the cables , replaced the router.. all no change

i only get 3mb uplaod and im on a 250mb plan

its obviously throttling on tpg, not the nbn, or the router.

ive directly connected to the nbn box without a router and i still only get 3mb, from 3 different laptops and desktops. so its not wifi or anything else.

tpg keep saying its nbn co, and its not!

Ahra_G

Hi @paulsexstone

We do not throttle speeds unless you are not subscribed to an unlimited plan. 

I've managed to locate your account and recent update on the account indicated that the connection issue is being investigated by our Engineering Team. 

The team has already informed NBN Co regarding the status of your connection. 

Updates will be continuously provided via phone call/SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G