TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Plan price increase

dschardt59
Level 3
I have been emailed to advise from 20/03/2024, my current nbn plan will increase by $5 a month from $69.99 to $74.99.
In comparison, Exetel offers 25Mbps/8.5Mbps for 6 months @ $49.99 then $59.99 ongoing. If TPG is unable to match this, I have no option but to change providers.
28 REPLIES 28
ken_gilc
Level 3
Thank you for sharing I will go check them out.
BasilDV

Hi @dschardt59 

We'd like to check on what we can arrange for you.

Just send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

minhnhon
Level 2

Hi  Dschardt59,

Thank you for sharing information. We hope you will be happy with the reasonable adjustment from TPG service.

Cheer, 

Silversurf
Level 2

@BasilDV 

I'm in the same boat, 20+ years TPG customer for internet and mobile and this is the second price increase in a very short period of time with no benefit to speed increase. I'm on the NBN 25mbs $64.99 plan and had a combined $10 increase on the original NBN 25mbs $59.99 plan (now incoming $74.99) for no speed increase benefit.

Can TPG offers a better deal alligned with what other Telcos are offering or I'll need to consider terminating both internet and mobile plan.

I also would like to point out that NBN Co has announced plans to raise its 100/20 Mbps Home Fast product to 500/50 Mbps and triple its Home Superfast product from 250/25 Mbps to 750/50 Mbps at no extra cost amid an explosion in demand for data.

The accelerated speeds would be made available by the end of the year and apply to the 9 million broadband customers who have access to a fibre-to-the-premise (FTTP) or hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC) NBN connection

Thank you

BasilDV

Hi @Silversurf

The decision has been made after taking a range of factors into consideration, including recent changes to the wholesale costs we pay NBN for the use of its network. We are now in a position where we need to make changes to the pricing of some of our NBN plans. 

Regarding the speed, we'll be posting any information once it have been applied by NBN Co.

Make sure to check our website or Social Media Pages from time to time for the update.

BasilDV

Silversurf
Level 2

Thanks @BasilDV 

It’s unfortunate to see that TPG cannot offers any longer valued pricing on its plans.

From $59.99 that the plan was 2 years ago to now $74.99 for the same 25Mbps/4Mbps this is just no longer a valued proposition to pay for.

Kazz
Level 2
I have also received an email for an increase of $5 pm to $79.99pm I have been with TPG for 20+ years and to continue to increase prices without adding any value is not customer centric at all.
I've sent two emails to Help Desk asking for my usage over the last 6 months so I can make an Informed decision about the most economical,efficient provider. However, despite getting the system reply that states most emails will be responded within 4 business hours I've heard nothing in a week and a half!!!
Where do I get this info from if not the Help desk?
kate_

Hey Kazz,

We'd like to chat more so we can make sure you're on the best plan for you. Send a PM, and we’ll get started. 

If you haven't sent us a PM before, you can find how to do that here: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Davik
Level 2
I have also received the price hike. Considering the fact that my service has gone down twice this week with faults, I am not thrilled. I am considering another cheaper carrier.