TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Plan price increase

kate_

We'd love to make sure you're getting the service you paid for, Davik.

If you send us a private message, we'll investigate what's happening with your service and make sure the dropouts you're seeing don't continue.

If you've never sent a PM here on TPG Community before, you can check out how through this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community?

Silversurf
Level 2

Short story
NBN Co reduce wholesale cost of entry level and higher speed tiers.
TPG hikes the price of entry level speed plan by 583%.

Long Story
The announced price hike for entry tier is in absolute contradiction with the new Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA5) with Retail Service Providers (RSPs) made on 1 December 2023.

On 30 Nov 2023 NBN Co launched a new Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA5) with Retail Service Providers (RSPs).

The agreement saw a significant reductions in the wholesale prices of entry level and higher speed tiers.

For light internet users, NBN Co has created a 12/1 Mbps Basic Bundle to be available for a wholesale price of $12.

The 25/5 Mbps product will be available for a wholesale price of $26. 

The 50/20 Mbps product will see a $5 wholesale price increase to $50.

As a result these are the new TPG price plan comparison that is in full contradiction with the recent TPG email announcement of NBN Co price increase.

NBN 12Mbps : $70mth = $5.80 Mbps
NBN 25Mbps : $75mth = $3 Mbps
NBN 50Mbps : $80mth = $1.60 Mbps
NBN 97Mbps : $90mth = $0.92 Mbps
NBN 232Mbps : $125mth = $0.53 Mbps
NBN 671Mbps : $145mth = $0.21 Mbps

Reference

crs1000
Level 2
I got the same email. There was also an offer to upgrade to NBN100 for 12 months at no cost. However when I tried to submit the request I got a message that said 'Request Denied'. How are you supposed to accept the offer if it is always denied.
BasilDV

Hi @crs1000

We're keen to look into the account and see how can we apply the offer you received.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

Haun
Level 2

I also got an email from TPG about the price increase. I have been a long time TPG customer but recently has not been happy with their service, and compounding with current price increase, I have decided to change to another provider in the next 1 or 2 weeks. What TPG is offering now is similar to other competitors so no incentives to stay.

Ahra_G

We'd be happy to assist and turn your experience around, @Haun. Please send us a private message and we'll go from there. 

likelives
Level 2

The monthly prices should be the same as the agreement of the contract TPG NBN bundle plan. TPG should understand customers are difficult to afford the increasing living costs. And this internet cost is not basic expenditure which is extra cost and it should not be increased recently nearly every year. Maybe ask TPG how many profit TPG earned every year? If TPG earns some profits, it should not increase the prices.  

Ascidian99
Level 4

My wife has received an email advising of the price rise for our home NBN, but I've yet to receive notification for our office NBN connection.  Does this mean the business cable xl "bundle" fast isn't changing?

BasilDV

Hi @Ascidian99

There's no changes with our NBN Small Business plan bundle price.

Ascidian99
Level 4

Hi BasilDV - thanks for confirming that., nice to know (pity it's not the other way around as business expenses can be offset, home ones can't)