TPG Community

Get online support

NBN black box online light flashing

zhounan65
Level 2

The "online" light of my black box kept flashing since morning, no internet access are gained. Other three lights on black box are solid green. Reboot online and mannually reset was done but still not working, and NBN outrage  website shows my building is not outrage of Internet. please help with the issue, thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
jack1488
Level 2

me too. Are you anywhere near Modbury/Golden Grove in SA?  According to Telstra there are no outages but they wouldn't admit it, would they?

colnaomi2018
Level 2
Me to thornleigh nsw2120
zhounan65
Level 2
Hi, unfortunately no I am in Mosman Sydney NSW.
wen1989
Level 2

Hi, Jack, I live in golden grove in SA and I am experiencing the same issue. I also checked the outages from nbn website and it says there is no outages in my address...I tried to connect TPG but it's hard to get them on the phone... I guess I just have to wait now

elle1102
Level 2
Same here. Chatswood 2067. Since this morning
BasilDV

Hi @zhounan65, @colnaomi2018 and @wen1989

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that your service was affected by an unplanned NBN network outage.

The information was posted around 2PM by NBN Co, which is why you weren't able to see it on the NBN site.

This has been resolved and your service is working within specification.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @jack1488, @elle1102

We weren't able to locate your account using your community details.

We are unable to confirm if your service was affected by the outage as well.

You may send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

Jlc81
Level 2
Me too, my connection keep on and off since outages been like this almost 3 weeks, and there is no connection always at night time around 8-10pm which is annoying me
Ahra_G

Hi @Jlc81

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

We have raised the issue to our Engineering Team as we have not detected any signal from your connection. Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS once available. 

Regards,

Ahra_G