NBN contractor

Dannyj
Level 2
It seems everytime someone in our street wants to be connected to NBN the contractor disconnects our line and gives it to the new household. They then have to come back and get us connected again. Is this a known scam? I thought it was a criminal offence under the telecommunications act.
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @Dannyj ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service. I was able to locate the account and I've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and this issue is now under investigation.

We'll chase this with them for additional reference on the escalated fault, updates will be provided when it becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Dannyj
Level 2

In terms of further assistance, can you please explain to me why NBN has refused to answer my complaint in March? Why did the contractor take our line and give it to the neighbour.? Why did NBN close my complaint ticket without coming back with an answer? Why did they not reopen on request to do so?

Thanks,

Danny

Ahra_G

Hi @Dannyj

Thank you for raising this concern to us. As you are aware, NBN is the wholesale provider of NBN services nationwide. 

ISPs resell their services therefore, we mostly rely with almost everything such as checking the availability, installation, repair and even a few complaints. Most of those need to go through the respective ISP then in turn raised to NBN Co. 

I have noted your concern about the line issue to our Engineering Team so their team can internally check on this and be raised to NBN Co. 

Regards, 

Ahra_G