TPG Community

Get online support

NBN disconnections since a month

Stewbidoo
Level 2
Hi,

I have frequent disconnections for a month on my NBN service. Some disconnections last for 15 minutes, especially during the weekend. I’ve tried different modems as well.

2 NBN engineers came and couldn’t find any problems. Of course, they stayed only 30 minutes when the connection was working. They changed the phone sockets but the problem persisted. I’m also not happy about the quality of the work they did on the sockets. The sockets weren’t stable and I’d have to repair them when terminating my lease.

One of the NBN engineers asked me to contact my strata because he thought there was a problem on my floor and not with the line connected to the building.

Which I did. The strata sent an engineer which replaced all the cables to my unit and fixed the phone sockets. Unfortunately, the connection drops continued. He said there is no problem with my unit or the building. The problem should be the NBN line connecting to the building.

I’d like you to send a motivated and qualified NBN engineer. I won’t allow the engineer to replace any of the phone sockets as they are new and work perfectly.
13 REPLIES 13
BasilDV

Hi @Stewbidoo 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line. I can confirm the multiple dropouts on your connection, but can't detect any fault within the NBN network.

We've escalated the case to our Engineering team for further investigation and they'll be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Stewbidoo
Level 2
Thank you BasilDV.

When the connection drops my modem reports the following error:

The quality of the signal is being impaired by incorrect cabling. Please make sure that your line does not include any branching or multi-distributors. The branch is 12 meters long. It is impairing the transmission rate by around 3473 kbit/s.

BasilDV

Thank you for the additional information, @Stewbidoo.

Our Engineers are investigating this case and they'll be in touch with you as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Stewbidoo
Level 2
Your colleague asked me to reset my modem. It is already one hour I have the message Your newly installed broadband equipment is waiting to be automatically configured. I rebooted my modem no changes....
BasilDV

Hi @Stewbidoo,

Thanks for the update.

We've checked the connection and the modem is not authenticating due to wrong credentials saved on it.

Do you know how to configure the modem? It appears that manual configuration is needed for it to work.

If not, in your web browser’s address bar, enter 192.168.1.1 then type admin into both the username and password fields. Click on Log in.

Once logged in, go to the 'Advanced' tab, then click on 'Network'.

Go to 'DSL', then change the username and password to your TPG credentials.

Save the changes once done.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Stewbidoo
Level 2

Hi,

Thank you I could connect to the internet. However, my internet speed is still 30 Mpbs instead of 50 Mpbs.

Regards,

Riezl

We can see that the case engineer contacted you yesterday, but you were not at home to perform troubleshooting, @Stewbidoo.

Once you're available, please let us know so we can advise our Engineering Team to contact you for assistance.

Stewbidoo
Level 2
Hi,

I’d like you to reopen my case. My NBN connection is down from 11am today.
Ahra_G

Apologies that you are going through the trouble of experiencing connection issues again, @Stewbidoo

We have not detected a line fault based on the result of the remote test, hence the need to perform troubleshooting along with you. 

I'll have someone to contact you tomorrow, 16 January from our Technical team for assistance. I'll set the call back tomorrow between 10-11AM AEDT. 

Feel free to let me know should another preferred time for the call. 

Thank you.