TPG Community

Get online support

NBN keeps dropping out

adsl7240
Level 2
My NBN keeps dropping out at random intervals. Sometimes it drops out within minutes of the previous drop out which is becoming more frequent. I've done isolation tests with no difference. I've checked cable and wifi and there's no difference. The latest speed tests I've done fluctuate between 30-50mbps.
I need this resolved ASAP because this internet is not usable.
1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @adsl7240

There are different types of issues that you may experience:

1. Speed/intermittent issues caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless issue this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Issues caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you may be having WIFI-related issues (signal interference, distance, weak signal), we'd recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can assist you further.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Ahra_G