TPG Community

Get online support

NBN slow upload speed Plan 25

hianchan2
Level 3

I am on plan 25 which is supposed to have upload speed of 25/5.  But my upload speed is consistently below 1.  I just got a new phone and had to do a few uploads and downloads.  One of my uploads was saying 6 hours for a 1.5G file!!  It's never anywhere near 5

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @hianchan2

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection?

Have you done an isolation test? What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

hianchan2
Level 3

Wired connection.  What is an isolation test?

BasilDV

Hi @hianchan2

By turning off or disconnecting other devices connected to the network, then test the speed again using only 1 device connected.

If you are still getting under 1 Mbps Upload speed, kindly shoot me a PM with your TPG account details.

BasilDV

hianchan2
Level 3

Okay, I disconnected all devices from the router and only have one connection to my study PC.  This is the speed I am getting.

I seem to recall we had this exchange of posts a few months ago but it didn't resolve anything.  I don't want to be wasting my time here.  My comms cupboard is in a high cupboard which I have to get a ladder out to get to.  If this is what I should expect from TPG, as others on the internet blogs are saying, tell me, so I can decide to put up with it or pay more for another ISP.  I don't do uploads very often so I might decide not to spend the extra money.  But tell me so I don't waste my time.  Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @hianchan2

We've reset the NBN NTD box remotely as we can't detect any fault within the network.

Kindly reboot the modem/router and test the speed once the internet is back.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

hianchan2
Level 3

You should be aware that one of your tech guys guided me through the router to change the DNS setting a few weeks ago when I keep getting drop outs.

hianchan2
Level 3

I think this is the area he changed, can't be sure.  He changed the Primary and Secondary DNS setting from default

david64
Level 15

Hi @hianchan2 . Changing the DNS addresses won't affect speed.

If your NBN box is in an inconvenient position, are you on FTTP connection or maybe HFC?

What model wifi router do you have?

Being on 25/5 plan, have you always had this slow speed, or was it faster in the past?