TPG Community

Get online support

NBN speed drops during night time

yuntian2005
Level 2

For the past month, my NBN speeds have been unstable during the nighttime (8pm+), making online gaming very difficult.

I am on the NBN 50 plan, and I get around 28mbps normally. It drops to around 10mbps during the night time and is very unstable.

Help me with this, this has never happened before.

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @yuntian2005 . What type of NBN connection do you have?

When you get 28Mbps speed, is that on ethernet computer or wifi device?

If wifi, is it the 2.4G or 5G band?

Shane

Hi @yuntian2005,

Thanks for raising this to us. I would love to help and get to the bottom of this, to better understand the stiuation, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

For the past month, my NBN speeds have been unstable during the nighttime (8pm+), making online gaming very difficult.

I am on the NBN 50 plan, and I get around 28mbps normally. It drops to around 10mbps during the night time and is very unstable.

yuntian2005
Level 2

Hi @david64 

It is on an ethernet cable to a PC, not wifi.

Shane

Hi @yuntian2005,

Thanks for sending me your details. I was able to confirm with our Engineering Team that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This has been raised to NBN Co. and now under investigation. I can see that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and provided the fault update.

We will chase this with them for additional reference on the ongoing assessment, expect updates via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,