NBN speed

chatswood
Level 3

For the last week that I'm aware of my NBN 50 has dropped from 18 mbps to 12 mbps. The only extra device we have now is a Foxtel IQ4 connected by ethernet via a powerline device. I have checked the speed with the IQ4 disconnected & am still registering 12 mbps no matter what time of day.. We had an unexplained outage a few weeks back after the NBN did some "work" I've already been told that the best we can get is 21 mbps but dropping back to 12 is ridiculous

72 REPLIES 72
BasilDV

Hi @chatswood,

Thanks for raising this with us. We'd like to look into it further as we've seen a massive drop on the sync speed that your modem is getting. We've run some remote test and was not able to detect any fault on the NBN network.

I will arrange a call from our Tech team to further test the service. Please PM me your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @chatswood,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and the case was escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation. Updates will be given by them once available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

chatswood
Level 3

a technician has just attended & confirmed my speed is around 12 mbps which is a third down from the 18-19 ive been acheiving until recently. He says this is at least half of what i should be getting on my plan. He believes there is a fault with the telstra or nbn cabling or it is failing. He said that I should talk to tpg about some compensation or reduced rate until the issue is corrected & i get what i'm paying for.

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

Thanks for additional details. I will pass this to the assigned Engineering handling this case and request for urgent feedback within the day.

Please make sure you will be available for a call and let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and provided the case progress. We'll keep an eye on this further update will be provided by our Engineering Team.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

chatswood
Level 3

So more people have been in touch & now told me they are waiting on the NBN people to check things from their end.

However I did get the spiel over the phone about my distance to the node maybe the issue. I'm aware of exactly how far away the node is & the fact is I've been getting 18-19 download speed since I first signed up for NBN50. I accepted the fact that I could do no better than 21-23 because of the wholle FTTN thing. It is quite ridiculous that you cant get at least half the speed you pay for but it is better than the debacle that was ADSL.

Today I have now even dipped below 12 into the 10-11 download speed range.......this is completely unaccepatable...that is now over a third reduction in what I already had.

Shane

Hi @chatswood,

One of our Engineers tried to call you yesterday to provide your details for the case progress unfortunately no avail. I will pass this to the assigned Engineer for additional reference on the case.

Let me know your best contact time and we'll arrange another call.

Cheers!

chatswood
Level 3

i did speak to them after the missed call. I was at work...this is where i got the above information from

chatswood
Level 3

ok it's becoming a joke now. i have a national sports squad here trying to conduct match reviews on opposition teams prior to heading to Japan on Wednesday...........................the videos keep stopping & buffering...something which hasn'y happened since the ADSL days. It's actually quite embarrassing for myself & my daughter who is part of the team