TPG Community

Get online support

Near to non-existent internet connection for months

SlowInternet
Level 2
Our current plan is ADSL2+ Unlimited 24x7 with Home Phone.
For MONTHS our internet is extremely slow, for eg today downloading less than 1mbpm.....with 1 device connected only.
Additionally, the home phone is not working. Unsure how long as we tend to use mobile more.
Please sort this out for us.
We do not have time to call up and have done so before, a while ago due to the same issue.
6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Good day @SlowInternet,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test. The result is inconclusive.

I will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further. Please shoot me a PM of your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

Erika

Hi @SlowInternet

We'd like to make a follow up for your contact details for us to progress with the case. 

Please PM us and we'll take it from there. 

Cheers, 

Erika

Hi @SlowInternet

I've ran further diagnostics and has now raised your case to our Engineering team. 

This case will now be under assessment and they'll be providing you updates via SMS or phone call within 24hrs. 

I've also raised this as a matter of priority. 

We will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Erika

Hi @SlowInternet,

Our Engineers have identified a possible issue with the line controlled by Telstra and has arranged to have a Telstra technician be sent out to check this issue between now and 20 July. Access to your premises is not required. 

Our engineers will continue to handle and monitor this case for you. They'll be providing further updates via SMS or phone call.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

SlowInternet
Level 2
I would like to say thanks for the prompt response.
Looks like Telstra tech fixed the phone situation, but internet is still very slow.
My son tells me the download speed is 1000kbps......at best 4mbps. Upload speed 0.66mbps max. Wireless strength 88% with modem in same room. Usually with 1 device, 2 at most. Games freeze up or drop out mid-play.
This is not good enough. My children have complained of this for a long time, but I am very busy.
Really, if I am paying for a service, I expect it to work without constant inconvenience.
As already mentioned, I did communicate with TPG a long time ago due to extremely slow internet.
Please fix this for us.
Shane

Hi @SlowInternet,

We're glad to know that the home phone issue has been rectified.

I ran initial tests on your connection and shows your service is connected for 1d 6h 12m.

ADSL2+ connection speed is based on the copper line distance going to the exchange and your location is 2874m away from the exchange ( This can be seen by visiting this link http://tpg.com.au/maps/ ).

At the moment your service is currently getting a passing speed of 7.6Mbps on the line considering your line distance going to the exchange.

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable If you're having difficulties with wireless connection we made an article that will help you improve your wireless connection speed.

You can visit Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home.

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?.

Let me know how it will go and should you require further assistance.