New modem/router

SOLVED Go to solution
dgbrtgmzv
Level 2

I have been using an Archer 1600v for the past couple of years over an NBN FTTN connection without any problems but would now like to upgrade. Would I need to purchase a new router from TPG or can I get one from a third party? Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @dgbrtgmzv

Welcome to the Community!

The modem/router that we provide is the TP-Link Archer VR1600v only.

You have the option to purchase a third party device, however, the bundled phone service will not work as the SIP settings is embedded in the firmware of our modem/router.

If you'll purchase a third party device, please make sure that it is a VDSL modem/router and can be configured with VLAN ID 2.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @dgbrtgmzv

Welcome to the Community!

The modem/router that we provide is the TP-Link Archer VR1600v only.

You have the option to purchase a third party device, however, the bundled phone service will not work as the SIP settings is embedded in the firmware of our modem/router.

If you'll purchase a third party device, please make sure that it is a VDSL modem/router and can be configured with VLAN ID 2.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

Level 2
How do I buy a new one as the one I have it's not working
Riezl

Hi @6200470 , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and check if we can replace your modem (if under warranty). Otherwise we will provide other options on how you can get a new one.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community