Get online support

No Internet connection for almost a week

Christiants
Level 2

Hi There

My internet has stopped working since last friday afternoon 7/01/2022

Called the TPG support on when it happens, got a ticket number 12009959

Tried to fix it over the weekend, restarted the modem / NBN box, no resolution

all the blue lights are lit on the NBN Box, and modem lights are all lit, apart from the internet light

Got a confirmation, there is something wrong with failed authentication with the modem

reserved a NBN to go out and check on Monday 10/01/2022 1pm-4pm

- made a call on the 10/01/2022 at 2pm, asking the update, the operator advised that the issue has been fixed and try to talk to me doing the same thing all over again, like the first call .

Running out patience, advising the operator needs to escalate the issue with NBN,

and there is no NBN tech was coming on site

- Tuesday 11/01/2022 called again, trying to get some updates - operators said issue has been escalated

- Wednesday 12/01/2022, received a text message in the afternoon saying still working to resolve the issue

- Thursday 13/01/2022 got a call from TPG in the morning, spoke with operator named Lyn basically saying the same thing and she has advised me the issue has been escalated last night. Lyn was rude and dont have any customer service skill, I have told her why the issue has been only escalated last night, when it was suppose to be escalated on Monday itself (10/01/2022). no clear explanation and going in circle

As far as I'm aware, I'm paying TPG for my internet service, and what you guys do with NBN in the background I dont really want to know, there is no real solutions provided and I'm running out patience

Can you please fix the issue ASAP

Thanks

Christian

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Christiants,

We can see that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers today and provided the updates on the escalated fault, we'll chase this with them for additional reference on the ongoing investigation.

More information will be provided when it becomes available via SMS or Phone call, we apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Hi There

My internet has stopped working since last friday afternoon 7/01/2022

Called the TPG support on when it happens, got a ticket number 12009959

Tried to fix it over the weekend, restarted the modem / NBN box, no resolution

all the blue lights are lit on the NBN Box, and modem lights are all lit, apart from the internet light

Got a confirmation, there is something wrong with failed authentication with the modem

reserved a NBN to go out and check on Monday 10/01/2022 1pm-4pm

- made a call on the 10/01/2022 at 2pm, asking the update, the operator advised that the issue has been fixed and try to talk to me doing the same thing all over again, like the first call .

Running out patience, advising the operator needs to escalate the issue with NBN,

and there is no NBN tech was coming on site

- Tuesday 11/01/2022 called again, trying to get some updates - operators said issue has been escalated

- Wednesday 12/01/2022, received a text message in the afternoon saying still working to resolve the issue

- Thursday 13/01/2022 got a call from TPG in the morning, spoke with operator named Lyn basically saying the same thing and she has advised me the issue has been escalated last night. Lyn was rude and dont have any customer service skill, I have told her why the issue has been only escalated last night, when it was suppose to be escalated on Monday itself (10/01/2022). no clear explanation and going in circle

As far as I'm aware, I'm paying TPG for my internet service, and what you guys do with NBN in the background I dont really want to know, there is no real solutions provided and I'm running out patience

Can you please fix the issue ASAP

Thanks

Christian

garythomann13
Level 6

Suggest providing more information.  Location suburb and/or postcode. 

Start logging date and time drop outs occur.  = well done.   Need to keep logging daily :}

Christiants
Level 2
Location is at 3149
The TPG tech came onsite today 15 Jan 22, spent about less than 5 mins, and basically saying the same thing. Issue from NBN network. I have advised the tech on call last night to specifically bring a spare modem, so we could try to connect using a different TPG modem, but again they never listened, and we are back to square 1, the TPG tech onsite mentioned his report carry some weight and will escalate this even further. Well I guess my call to TPG line almost every day didn't carry any weight, and the blame game continues.
david64
Level 15

Hi @Christiants . You still have 4 blue lights on?

On the wifi router, is the WAN light on and DSL light off?

What model router do you have?  (Archer VR1600?)

Is the router config still correct? PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au and password. VLAN enabled and = 2?

Could you show the last 2 pages of the router system log (either picture or copy and paste text).

Christiants
Level 2
After multiple visits from TPG tech and NBN, I have received another call today around midday 27 Jan, I was advised that the appointment which was scheduled for NBN tech to come onsite today, has been cancelled. And in the call, I have told the engineer to stop the service and dont bother calling, I have decided to use a 4G modem from Vodafone. And wont be using TPG or NBN from now on, once I have 5g coverage in my area will just move to 5g, and I wouldnt be surprised if NBN or TPG wont be around anymore at that time

Thanks for wasting my time TPG and NBN, after more than 3 weeks, I still have no internet. And Im in VIC 3149
If anyone is reading my post, I would suggest to just move to a different provider