TPG Community

Get online support

No NBN internet connection

SOLVED Go to solution
weigu1973
Level 2

The NBN connection lost tonight, only power light of NBN box blinking. i Check the status service, and no outrage in my area. Can you help check what happened? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi All,

The cause of the outage in this customer's specific situation was an outage of the NBN Co network, which TPG (and all NBN retailers) relies on to supply our NBN services to our customers.

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, feel free to search Community for help with your issue, or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
weigu1973
Level 2

It was a NBN outrage and fixed.  thanks. 

Riezl

Hi All,

The cause of the outage in this customer's specific situation was an outage of the NBN Co network, which TPG (and all NBN retailers) relies on to supply our NBN services to our customers.

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, feel free to search Community for help with your issue, or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

mariat09
Level 4

Still no internet connection

NBN outage may be fixed, but my modem cannot maintain a connection

The modem drops in and out

it has been reset, so has the pc with no success

So I have been without internet for two days now

Not Happy 

BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @mariat09

Before troubleshooting any internet related issues, we recommend our customers check and confirm if their service is affected by a planned or unplanned outage in the area. An article was created on How to Check for NBN Network Outage.

Once identified that the service is not affected by an outage, customers may refer to the guide that we've created in troubleshooting internet issues. It is available here.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that the case is being monitored by our Engineering team. Your modem shows that it's getting the internet service and has been stable for almost 2 days now.

Your assigned Engineer has been advised and will be in touch with you between 5:30PM - 6:30PM today to further check our service.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

mariat09
Level 4

Thanks for your reply. 

I just want to clarify, for the purposes of internet connection and time - My connection (as in my home not your office) was reconnected yesterday morning (which would now make that 36 hours) so in my world; I have had internet for no longer than 1 1/2 days in the entire weeks since having NBN installed. 

thank you for your help 

Darlingpoint82a
Level 2
Technician came but does not fix the problems. He first said it is problem inside cable. I asked him to connect directly to outside box, still no internet. He left and said he would report to bnb and I should be contacted.
I am still waiting. I have not have internet from Monday night to now Friday night and have no hope to resolve any sooner
Please send a capable technician to solve the problem.
Thank you
John .
gibbhong
Level 2

Hi, I've sent a PM in regards to my lack of internet connection post-NBN install. Can I get a response please?

mariat09
Level 4
And another outage this morning - within only hours if it being fixed
mariat09
Level 4

OK I have been with TPG with about 15 years, great service. 

All of a sudden when I moved to NBN it all falls apart. Obviously the issue is NBN not TPG. 

Having said that, can someone please advise of the NBN costing structure. My download speed is about the same as it was with ADSL 2. How much faster can I get the speed on HFC NBN modem?