TPG Community

Get online support

No internet after lodging a request to move service

knitone77
Level 2

I called to begin the process of moving my son's internet to his new flat; I was assured that it would remain operating in the old premises until activated at the new, but the next day the NBN box was flashing yellow and no internet was available. Numerous phone calls later and I get a different answer every time; a second account was set up by TPG and I have been charged for this, so I am now paying for TWO services which don't work. I was told someone from Customer Service would call me to arrange a refund, and that my son's internet hadn't been disconnected, there was a fault and someone from faults would contact him. No one has been in touch, I have spent hours on the phone to TPG this week and still have no connection. Not good enough, I need help with this NOW please as we are using my son's phone as a hot spot and it is costing me heaps to keep topping up his data.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @knitone77

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that the service is still active in the old address.

Did you receive the new modem/router that we sent? Did you connect it or you are still using the old one?

Either way, the configuration of the modem/router is incorrect, which explains why the internet is not working.

Please follow the manual configuration on this article:

Use the old TPG username and password to configure it.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

knitone77
Level 2
I understood we needed a new modem for the new location as the connection method is different and the original modem would not work. I called technical support yesterday and was told to go to the property to reset the OLD modem with the NEW account login and password. Two buses, an hour each way to my son’s place, called support from there, they talked me through resetting the login - it didn’t work. I was told the issue would be escalated and someone would call me today. No call. No internet. I’m done, will be canceling the so-called service and using another provider.
BasilDV

Hi @knitone77

We regret to read that you've decided to terminate your service with us.

We reviewed the account and learned that a technician visit has been booked to finalise the installation of the service.

Further updates will be provided once available.

BasilDV