No internet

SOLVED Go to solution
sdcrotty
Level 3
WAN light flashes in modem
Optical light flashes on main box
This message pops up to sign in on internet which we cannot get and I have rebooted
I have no time to talk on the phone
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

Welcome to the community !

We'd love to help. Kindly PM me your account details (username/customer ID or contact number associated with the account) and we'll run initial tests on your connection.

Is it also possible for you to post a picture of the modem/router's current state at the moment?

Cheers!

View solution in original post

sdcrotty
Level 3

I don't have my laptop connected by ethernet cable to router. It is via wifi which I am currently using my hotspot on my phone to contact you. My lap top is Asus F555D. But I don't always use the lap top. We use our phones and Ipads for the wifi.

Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

What brand of router and model number do you have?

Regards,

Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

Thanks for sending me your Router Details.

Try to do this follow troubleshooting.

1. Connect your Laptop on the Netcomm's Wifi Connection
2. Once it is connected open a browser go to 192.168.1.1 it will ask you the default username/password to access the Router's Page. Use 'Admin' for both username and password.
3. Once you accessed the Netcomm's Page. On the leftside you can click on 'Basic Setup'.

This is where you Enter your TPG Username/Password and hit 'Apply/Save'

Let me know how it go.

sdcrotty
Level 3
10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

Welcome to the community !

We'd love to help. Kindly PM me your account details (username/customer ID or contact number associated with the account) and we'll run initial tests on your connection.

Is it also possible for you to post a picture of the modem/router's current state at the moment?

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

Thanks for the details. I'll run initial tests on your connection. I'll get back to you as soon as I got the results.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

Based on initial tests we need to configure the router for the internet to work.

Do you have Laptop/Desktop connected (via Ethernet Cable or Wifi)on the TPG's supplied router?

If yes. I'd like to know what brand and model number you have.

Regards,

sdcrotty
Level 3

I don't have my laptop connected by ethernet cable to router. It is via wifi which I am currently using my hotspot on my phone to contact you. My lap top is Asus F555D. But I don't always use the lap top. We use our phones and Ipads for the wifi.

Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

What brand of router and model number do you have?

Regards,

Shane

Hi @sdcrotty,

Thanks for sending me your Router Details.

Try to do this follow troubleshooting.

1. Connect your Laptop on the Netcomm's Wifi Connection
2. Once it is connected open a browser go to 192.168.1.1 it will ask you the default username/password to access the Router's Page. Use 'Admin' for both username and password.
3. Once you accessed the Netcomm's Page. On the leftside you can click on 'Basic Setup'.

This is where you Enter your TPG Username/Password and hit 'Apply/Save'

Let me know how it go.

sdcrotty
Level 3
How do I connect laptop to Netcomm wifi?
sdcrotty
Level 3
No good
sdcrotty
Level 3
I’ll get my husband to phone when he gets home. Nothing is working.