TPG Community

Get online support

Outage Pennant Hills

Dub
Level 3
Level 3
Morning team. Unplanned NBN outage in Pennant Hills now over day. Received two texts from TPG early yesterday with no ongoing communication which is disappointing. Only resource is NBN service status page which indicated resolution yesterday at 4pm, 8pm, 12am and now no timeframe. I get that problems arise, that is when customer service and communication is supposed to step up. Can TPG provide any update to their customers please (nothing on TPG service stage). Like many I work remotely and hot spotting on a one bar mobile service ain’t cracking it.
Thank you
13 REPLIES 13
Aubrey

Hi @Dub, please send your account details like the username or customer ID via PM so we can take a closer look at this ticket and get updates on the restoration activities. 

Thanks! 

Aubrey

Websurfer
Level 2
Same here. I also live at Pennant Hills.
My NBN has been down since yesterday morning.
No further info was provided other than there's interruption of service on the NBN website.
I called TPG support this morning and they didn't have any idea of what is causing the issue.
Can TPG provide further details on this issue and the expected time of resolution?
BasilDV

Hi @Websurfer

We'd like to check with NBN Co. for further details.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

Dub
Level 3
Level 3
Aubrey has provided me pm updates but nothing beyond NBN outage site updates. While issue is upstream of TPG they are our service provider and need to keep pushing this for speedy resolution. Surprised after 48 hours the fault and fix aren’t yet communicated. Speaking to neighbours on various providers some have 5G wifi as a back up from their service provider. Think will need to explore these options given work from home requirements. TPG is a little slow on these “innovations”.
BasilDV

Hi @Dub 

Just a quick update.

The third party technician advises that their Radio Frequency Combiner is at fault.

They are currently waiting for the delivery of parts needed to replace this and ETA will be provided when it becomes available.

Thank you.

Dub
Level 3
Level 3
Thanks for the update Bas. As TPG and Cisco (warehouse) both in Ryde should be nice and quick then 😉
BasilDV

We'll keep on monitoring the account and provide updates once available @Dub.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Dub 

We've been advised that the needed part will be delivered late this afternoon.

Following the delivery, the technician will attend.

Will provide more updates once available.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Dub 

The spare parts weren't able to be expedited and will arrive on 17 July 2023.

Further updates will be provided once available.

BasilDV