TPG Community

Get online support

Outgoing Emails No Longer Encrypted?!

Dean478
Level 2

Ever since the recent email debacle, I've noticed that no outgoing emails are encrypted anymore?

I use the included POP3 email account via Outlook 2016 and no emails I send are showing up as enrypted to any recipients.

Anyone encountering this issue and have a solution?

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @Dean478,

There's an unplanned outage that affects both TPG Email and Advance Post Office.

Further updates will be posted on our Service status page.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

BasilDV

Dean478
Level 2

And yet you just sent me a text message saying "your service appears to be working normally". And my emails are still not TLS encrypted.

So which one is it?

Riezl

Hi @Dean478, we'd like to know if you are still having issues. Feel free to drop us a message so we can investigate further. Thank you.

Dean478
Level 2

I have called you guys THREE times and everytime all I get is a "sorry I'll have to escalate your issue" and then 24 hours later I get a text message saying "everything is fine".

It's quite clear you're either unwilling or unable to investigate further.

Last I checked this morning, TLS encryption is still not working with your provided POP3 email settings. It doesn't work on Outlook 2016, Thunderbird 68 or Samsung Email (Galaxy S7 Android 8).

It's been what, a week since these issues started arising? Not to mention 4 straight days of total downtime. I've since moved my entire email account away from the provided TPG as this debacle has demonstrated that you're unreliable. And this has also spurred me into investigating other ISPs as a result.

Riezl

We'd like to look into this further and check what can be done, @Dean478.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and email address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Hi @Dean478, we have now located the account and we have raised your concern to our Post Master. We'll revert to you as soon as a feedback becomes available.

Riezl

Hi @Dean478, are you able to send us the screenshot of the account settings?

Riezl

Hi @Dean478, we'd like to make a follow up regarding the screenshot of the account settings so we can look into this further. Thank you.

Dean478
Level 2

Don't bother. You took 5 days to even get back to me after 3 phone calls and the most recent text on the 8th of September said "TPG: Your email service should be up and running" and once again my answer was: No, it's not. It's apparent that either your customer service staff can't comprehend my problem or your technical staff are incapable of resolving my problem.

Therefore I took my business elsewhere. Bye.