Packet loss

DavidNarra
Level 3
I have TPG NBN 50 and have been experiencing significant packet loss in Narrabeen(personal account) which prevents use of the internet for gaming. I ran a test and received zero download packets. Checks with TOG say nothing is showing as wrong. On their end(speed is around 40 down and 15 up). Help. What do we do to prove packet loss to TPG and how can we see if the packet loss is a congestion issue or at an NBN node
24 REPLIES 24
David_M

Hi @DavidNarra 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @DavidNarra 

Can you please Private Message(PM) me your Username/CID/Service address for the service you need help on so i can pull up your account.

How to PM.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Regards,
David_M

DavidNarra
Level 3
Hi

The phone number it’s linked to is 02 94463999. Thanks for helping
David_M

Hi @DavidNarra 

I managed to pull up your account, thanks.

I too tested the service and all tests passing in our portals for your NBN-FTTC 50/20 service.

Speed shows 42.90mbps.

To prove packet loss, its best to do an extended ping test and screenshot the results.

Using a network/LAN cable from modem to a laptop is best.

Open a CMD prompt,

Type ''ping 8.8.8.8 -n 320''

This will do a constant ping test for 5mins.

Screenshot the results and if there is large packet loss, post the pic on here.

regards,

David_M

David_M

Hi @DavidNarra 

The packet loss sumary is all we need to check on.

It shows 0% packet loss (even though 1 packet was lost). This is normal and the 1x was just a random event.

If you have further issues, repeat the test and document the sumamry and we will look again.

Thanks,

DavidNarra
Level 3
Hi
Did that test check both download and upload packet loss . A test I ran using a website showed 97% of packet uploaded received and 0% downloaded. Does that make sense
DavidNarra
Level 3

This was the test I used

DavidNarra
Level 3
Thanks so much for taking time to help