TPG Community

Get online support

Poor 5G Home Broadband

Iancm
Level 3

After nearly 2 weeks of the good stuff we are back to "cr#@&%y" 5g internet AGAIN. 

AVERAGING 5-6Mbmps ... not what I am paying for ... what is todays problem???

12 REPLIES 12
Ahra_G

Hi @Iancm

Kindly check the basic troubleshooting steps here

If the issue persists, let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call so we can organise a member of our Tech team to assist you. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Iancm
Level 3

Basic troubleshooting solved problem for a couple of hours and since then the average is about 17Mbps ... tonight we are watching fuzzy tv ... I need this issue resolved even if that means going back to NBN ... tell me what will be done to resolve this ongoing and frustrating issue. 

BasilDV

Hi @Iancm

We may need to raise this with our Tech team for further testing.

Kindly send me a PM with your account details along with your preferred time to receive a call tomorrow.

BasilDV

Joey117
Level 2

I am in the exact same boat. 

The technician goes through troubleshooting which includes a router restart. This fixes the problem and sends my speeds sky-high again, so the technician does nothing further. Then speed throttles again 2 hrs later. I've had to resort to restarting my router countless times per day which is absolutely unacceptable. I am also not waiting on the phone for 2 hrs for a technician to just tell me just to restart my router again.

When I first signed up with TPG 5G I was getting near 300mbps, now I am lucky to get 20. (100ish after each restart for 2 hrs, then back to less than 20mbps)

Thinking perhaps I need to go with another company...

Shane

Hi @Joey117 ,

Let us help understand what causing issues with the 5G home broadband and rectify this. To proceed with the initial investigation, could you shoot us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I am in the exact same boat. 

The technician goes through troubleshooting which includes a router restart. This fixes the problem and sends my speeds sky-high again, so the technician does nothing further. Then speed throttles again 2 hrs later. I've had to resort to restarting my router countless times per day which is absolutely unacceptable. I am also not waiting on the phone for 2 hrs for a technician to just tell me just to restart my router again.

When I first signed up with TPG 5G I was getting near 300mbps, now I am lucky to get 20. (100ish after each restart for 2 hrs, then back to less than 20mbps)

Thinking perhaps I need to go with another company...

Will147101
Level 2

I have the exact same issue. If I reset it goes back to high speeds again. I have to reset the router almost every day to get a temporary fix. Although mine can go as low as  >1Mbps for both DL/UL - should be getting 100...

BasilDV

Hi @Iancm 

Do you experience the issue at a specific time or at random?

Are you connected via WiFi or Wired connection?

You may check these articles to improve your connection speed.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDv

Iancm
Level 3

Hi Will147101 ... sounds like similar issues to mine ... very frustrating. 

i eventually transferred back to NBN which went live on Friday ... so far so good touch wood" 😀. 

it is more expensive but less stress !!

Iancm
Level 3

Hi BasilDV ... I went live on NBN on Friday after getting my modem (transferred back to NBN from 5G) ... so far so good. 

iancm