TPG Community

Get online support

Poor network speed for last week. Half of normal rate.

pvthaggard
Level 2

My network speeds have been extremely poor for the last week or so. I used to get about double what is shown in the attached speed test. 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/78d87140-eeed-11e7-b3fd-63e954b871ce

9 REPLIES 9
paddyl
Level 3

Yes I am getting even worse than that. TPG are losing all their credibility very quickly. They are not competitive with the market anymore. Time to leave I think. 

Joseph_D

Hi pvthaggard,

I checked on your ADSL connection and the modem is indeed getting a slow speed as your cable distance from the exchange is around 1.5 Km.

I ran a test and I detect possible physical issues, though it is not indicated the exact location of the problem if it is inside or outside the house or if it is on the exchange end.

To determine the location of the problem and for our technical team to gather further information I took the liberty of asking one of our senior technicians to contact you within 24 hours. I have asked them to ring the contact mobile number registered in your account.

Kind regards,
Joseph D
http://www.tpg.com.au/support

Joseph_D

Hi paddyl,

Your modem is currently getting a download speed of 19277 Kbps - 20616 Kbps, you can view this by accessing your modem page. I don't see any network congestion on the area.

Your cable distance from the exchange is 971 meters, and your connection is currently stable for 2 days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 24 seconds.

I ran a test which made your connection drop, I don't see any major physical line issue.

Are you connected to the router through wireless or through ethernet cable?

Is the home phone working properly?

I can have a tech contact you to check why your connection appears to be slow despite all the info above. Just PM me your preferred contact number and time in which you are at home to troubleshoot.

Kind regards,
Joseph D
http://tpg.com.au/support

Mc_Gerald

Hi paddyl,

Our technical team was trying to call you both on the mobile and landline number on file, but you were unreachable. Please send us your preferred contact number and most convenient time to receive a call so we can pass it to the team handling your case.

Thanks!
Mc

paddyl
Level 3

Today Lei rang and took an hour to change one small setting that spiked the speed to 11 megs from an average of 6 - then it went back to 6 again. 

She said 6 is acceptable. It is not of course when her colleague says I should be getting close to twenty, and twopeople can't be streaming at once. She is is 'requesting' a new modem. 

I get home and devices are not connecting as somehow my password has been changed. (I didn;t do or approve that) and my housemate can;t connect today for hours. Somehow in re-setting the modem Lea has changed my password to the default TPG one?? After the event??

Manuel promised to call back 'if not today, then tomorrow' (which was today) - then Lei day tells me he is on leave..?

All voicemail from the last 8 months was not recorded or saved. Massive fail, and they still will not take responsibility for this despte them promising variously to fix it over that period. 

No compensation has been paid. I've updated my letter for the media and press and database. 2.5 more hours of my time today wasted. two hundred dollars at least. 

Are TPG EVER going to get it right, and do the right thing? 

BasilDV

Hi @paddyl,

I understand that our Tech team offered a free modem to eliminate the possible wireless issue on your current modem. Manuel will be in contact within the day to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

paddyl
Level 3

Nearly 6pm and once again no call, yet another promise broken - nothing has been done - and still my provate WIFI password has been changed and I asked you about it but nothing has said or done. I'm getting very tired of broken promises and unlawful / unagreed behaviour and billing from you guys.. 

I'll be busy tomorrow so Manuel needs to call now with answers and serious fixes and proper compensation, or I'm calling the Police in the morning and reporting you guys. It's totally unnaceptable. 

paddyl
Level 3

'Manuel will be in contact within the day to discuss this further.'
Yet again, zero action. You guys are incorrigible. Still a vulnerable wifi for no given reason and without approval, told you three times, nothing has been done. Manuel told me he would call with the resolution he has been promising on 8 months of mistakes and varying information from you guys. He promised me he would call back days ago. Then you said he would call within a day. Days later, still nothing has been done. For the record. 
paddyl
Level 3

Nearly a month later - Manuel has for weeks been promising a resolution - nothing has come. Illegal money taken from my account has STILL not been resolved. Months of chasing a broken service, promises of fixing it (engineers etc that never materialised) then slow and m**ively varied responses.. no voicemail for many months while overseas - no SIM as promised meant number down at Christmas time etc etc. Will be forced to publish the details widely to help other people avoid this - as this level of service and dishonesty cannot be acceptable to TPG's customers or those ooking to TPG. Very dissapointing.