I am receiving two issues
1) is an influx of spam coming from the TPG community with no option to report it or block it
2) is a recurring error that is not resolved through multiple model resets.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN as an error that comes up when I visit various websites. It does fix over time but often affects even my ability to get to this site.
I have tried to call TPG customer support on several occasions. It usually goes like this:
- the TPG customer service person gives me a few websites to try. I enter them and report if i get the error or not. They make a ticket for higher escalation.
- the person it gets escalated to a few days later to tell me something like, the website that I described will shortly be changing domain so the error I had doesn't matter. Keep in mind this relates to websites TPG customer support selected - not the ones I am trying to access.
- they try to call me a few days later, aren't able to get through, and then close my ticket.
I am at my wit's end. resetting the modem does not resolve the issue. TPG customer support have been completely ineffective at offering solutions. Changing provider seems like the best solution.
Hi @AGJ . You can provide alternate DNS in the router. Go to Advanced/Network/LAN Settings. Set Primary DNS and Secondary DNS to Google's ip addresses and Save. If the router is reset, you have to re-enter the addresses.
Re spam, you can report the sender via Community. Just create a thread with the details.