TPG Community

Get online support

Remote management problems on Archer VR1600v

davidabramson
Level 2

I set up remote management and it all works fine. But then the enabled flag seems to be getting reset. I haven't worked out exactly when this happens - perhaps after a power cycle? Has anyone seen this?

8 REPLIES 8
davidabramson
Level 2

I can now confirm that this loses the setting on a power cycle, but not a reboot. Any suggestions?

david64
Level 15

Hi davidabramson. Another user has this problem with remote management and DDNS flags. He has provided the router's firmware level and asked for it to be upgraded.

davidabramson
Level 2

So TPG has acknowledged this is a bug? I have verified that it fails after a power cycle FWIW. How do we get a bug fix?

david64
Level 15

No.

Just post the hardware and firmware details from the router and ask for an upgrade if the firmware is not latest.

davidabramson
Level 2

How do I know if i have the right firmware? This seems like a very flakey process?

david64
Level 15

Just get the details from the router. TPG will say if it is the latest or not. If not, they will organise to get it updated. It is done from their end.

davidabramson
Level 2

Well I would look now, but I have lost remote management again (without a power cycle), so I will have to look when I get home. Sorry to bug you, but how do I get TPG to see this post?)

david64
Level 15

Make a new thread like your first one explaining the problem. Include the router firmware version details and ask for it to be updated. Then see how remote management goes.