TPG Community

Get online support

Repeated NBN disconnection

dbird
Level 3

For the past couple of months, I have been experiencing regular disconnects of my NBN connection every day, often multiple times a day for 5 -10 minutes or so before it reconnects. Router (Archer VR1600v) and NBN connection box are always properly online with all connection lights lit, but the actual connection shows as disconnected in the router web interface.

It's becoming quite tedious and would appreciate any insight as to the cause and solution to this issue.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @dbird

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage on the NBN network.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link :  https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn/troubleshooting

In your case, our tests detected a possible fault within the NBN network or the NBN equipment. This has been lodged to our Engineering team for further investigation and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with your via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours.

if you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

dbird
Level 3

I would like to reopen the investigation into this issue.

My connection went stable for 2 days while being investigated with no disconnects and they opted to close the support ticket based on this, but less than 20 minutes later the problem resumed again.

Perhaps this time around the problem can actually be fixed first.

BasilDV

Hi @dbird

We've monitored your service and it appears that the service keeps on dropping even though we are not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

We've raised this with our Engineering team for further investigation and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call once an update becomes available.

BasilDV

dbird
Level 3

So after another support ticket closed after a day of stability, the disconnects has continued to occur once again.

Can I ask, is anyone actually doing anything when these support tickets are open, or do they just watch my service to see if it goes stable so they can close the ticket? Nobody actually tells me anything when they call other than "we've monitored your service and its been online for this long" so I have no clue if any fixes are attempted behind the scenes or not. All I know is whatever is happening, if anything, has not worked.

Third times a charm, or perhaps a new service provider.

BasilDV

Hi @dbird

This case has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you once an update becomes available.

BasilDV