Ryde big outage

whale
Level 4

Ye, still down.
I've also logged a ticket with the mobile app ... no respose at all.

If they know it effects 100 people, and the location -- how can they have "no idea/ETA" about what's going on? (Especially as it was a planned outage on the 1st day).

TPG blames NBN and pretends to have no responsibility... and the NBN simply doesn't care because they don't interact with the customers direct. The typical "responsibility passing corprate" game.

BasilDV

Hi @whale and @BruceWayne2016

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

BruceWayne2016
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi XXXX and @BruceWayne2016

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

I have sent it to you

whale
Level 4

I have sent through my details too. I also have a ticket open for this incident under my account.
Don't the NBN have to keep logs about each job/scheduled outage they work on... and communicate those with TPG? What was the scheduled outage about?

Is it part of TPG process to alert customers of upcoming outages (via sms/email)? (because I didn't get any alert for this incident)

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @whale

The issue that affected your service is an unplanned outage within the NBN network

As advised via PM, The third party technician onsite identified a fibre fault. A fibre repair crew is being arranged to attend the site and perform the repairs. An ETA is unavailable at present.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

whale
Level 4

Thanks for the update.
I'm sure the NBN contractors have to log each job they do into their systems as soon as they're done.
What you should do is make an automated system -- which sms/emails out that log to the customers effected -- which would have the benefit of:

1) Updating customers immediately

2) Saving TPG staff time and effort

soju
Level 2

I am having the exact same problems, I am in West Ryde too! nbn internet has been down for 2 days and I am working from home using my phone (soon running out credit). This is absolutely terrible! 

PS - how hard is it to replace a cable?? 

Shane

Hi All.

We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault. At the moment ETA is unavailable at present. We will update you with the progress. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

whale
Level 4

Seems to be fixed now.

For future events like this: we should get alerts (sms/email) when NBN detects a problem at the local exchange, an alert for when NBN assigns someone to the job, an alert after the NBN technician has worked on the problem.

The sooner NBN knows about the problem the better. Also, if customers know what's going on... we don't have to waste time/energy bombarding NBN/TPG with questions and updates etc.

BasilDV

Hi @whale

Thank you for your feedback.

Currently, we do not send out any notification if there's any outage or unplanned outage within the network, but you may visit our Service status page or NBN status page once you've experienced any issues within your service.

How to Check for NBN Network Outage

TPG service status

Stay safe.