Ryde big outage

whale
Level 4

@BasilDV @Shane 
Internet keeps disconnecting... both last night and today.

Happens about every 3 hours or so.

Edit: restarting the router seems to fix it... but drop outs are becoming more frequent now.

Shane

Hi @whale,

I ran an initial test to the service, the result shows multiple dropouts on the modem/router connection to our network. But the good news there's no line fault that could affect the performance of the service. We'd like to arrange one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Please send me your best contact number and preferred time this weekend.

In case you need a reference: 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

@BasilDV @Shane 
Internet keeps disconnecting... both last night and today.

Happens about every 3 hours or so.

Edit: restarting the router seems to fix it... but drop outs are becoming more frequent now.

LastOfTheKai
Level 3
Down again for maintenance by the nbn. Why do they think work hours are appropriate time to take it down? Playing for a service that has been down now for a duration counted in days (not hours this month) leaves a lot to be desired.
whale
Level 4

@Shane 

It's down for me too... the black router keeps restarting.

I don't see any outage reports though... where did you see that @LastOfTheKai 

LastOfTheKai
Level 3
TPG only list last night's outage on service history. Outage Started:Tuesday 21 July 2020, 12:00 AM AEST
Estimated Restoration:Tuesday 21 July 2020, 6:00 AM AEST (6hours ).
whale
Level 4

@LastOfTheKai @Shane 

Seems to be back up now.
Why can't TPG or NBN give sms/email alerts a week before these planned maintenance events?

LastOfTheKai
Level 3
Still down for me but it now says "No planned maintenance". Cycled power to both units. Still blinking light.
LastOfTheKai
Level 3
Now it lists "An unplanned incident is affecting the network" 😭. Seriously?
whale
Level 4

@LastOfTheKai 

They did this with the last outage (which went for 2 days)... That was also listed as a planned outage (for 6 hours)... and then TPG said it was not a planned outage but an incident.

Internet is still working here since 12pm. Is yours still down?