TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ speeds

Phil32
Level 2

My wife is working from home and is reporting VERY slow ADSL2+ speeds on an intermittent basis.  As low as 160kbps at times.  Nothing is being reported on the TPG outages/issues page for Holland Park, Queensland (except for NB in Holland Park West, but that is a different suburb, and we do not have TPG NBN available).

Any advice on how to sort this out would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Phil32
Level 2

* NBN in Holland Park West.

david64
Level 15

Hi Phil32.

Who is reporting the slow speeds? Is it the router in the connection stats or result of a speed test?

Does the router go through resync process when the speed slows down and picks back up?

Is an ethernet device or wifi device being used?

Phil32
Level 2

The specific number is from a speed test.  I am at work, but my wife is working from home and is the one experiencing the slow speeds.

It is WiFi rather than ethernet, and my understanding is that there is no resync process occurring.

I hope this is useful information!

david64
Level 15

It's important to know if the router is getting its normal synch speed when you have these slow periods. On the coverage map, you are 3 to 4.5 km from exchange; speed range 4.7 to 7 Mbps.

If the router has the normal speed, it could be wifi interference.  It could be distance from the router or interference from adjacent networks. A mobile phone can show adjacent networks and relative strengths.