Slow internet

SOLVED Go to solution
marantz
Level 3

I dont work for or am associated with TPG. I have an account with them, hence joining the community since I have an IT, telecoms and ISP background which can be useful to some of these discussions Robot Happy

orbistat already made useful comments to this thread that added value to the conversation. Next step is a line test from the back end for the mods to organise. They normally reply within 48 business hours.

p.s. whats wrong with whisky? it is a valid solution Smiley LOL

parkley
Level 3

Yes, I'll be at home at 6PM.

BasilDV

Great! I have notified our Tech team and they will be in touch with you at 6PM.

Cheers!

parkley
Level 3

Quick update on this.

A technician called me yesterday 6pm.

He's done some test and confirmed there is no problem with my modem, and he said he'll organize schedule for actual fix.

about 10 minutes later, I've got text which says Telstra technician will come and fix the issue until Friday.

I'll update it later when he comes.

BasilDV

Sounds great!

Our Engineering team is monitoring the account and they'll be in touch once Telstra gave us an update with the technician report.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Screamingkiw
Level 2

Looks like TPG prove you wrong Luke, maybe you should waste away your time somewhere else. 

parkley
Level 3

Quick update on this.

I've got call from TPG who said, Telstra has done their work, but speed is stilil the same.

TPG made another appointment on Thursday afternoon for a technician to come and investigate/fix

Thanks

Vhorlon
Level 4

Why is this marked as 'solved'? Theres no solution posted here. Just 'waiting for tech'.

I'm having the same issues btw and have had issues with tpg for months with dropouts & slow speeds under 1mb/s. Phoning tech support is about as helpful as asking an orang-utan. Same troubleshooting steps every time, but neither finding the problem or trying anything different to fix it. I've had technicians sent out more times than I can count. They spend all of 15-20 minutes trying to pin the problem on MY hardware or wall connections at home, find nothing, then just rinse and repeat from tier 1 tech support phonecalls. TPG have lost a customer as I'm going with Telstra.

Rica_R

Hi @Vhorlon,

Case above was tagged as Resolved  by @parkley as the Technician that went to the premise rectified the fault and speed is already running within the specification. 

We would like to have a look on your account and have a better understanding on your situation. I've tried to look for your account using your community details but have not found any matching account. Can you please PM us your TPG account details for us help out. Thanks.

Vhorlon
Level 4

As I stated in my last post, this has been an ongoing issue for months now. In that time, the calls to tech support and visits from techs trying in vein to pin the issue on MY hardware or wall sockets have been numerous. I see no reason to think that you or your people can 'help out' at this point. So no, I dont think I'll send any PMs. Nor will I be "resetting my router", "restarting my computer" or any other tier 1 support garbage. Yes thats right, I work in I.T. myself, and go through all of that LONG before I even think about phoning some call centre in another country for assistance. Yet despite me stating this ad nausium, your support department continually insists on regurgitating the same tier 1 garbage every time I call.

I already stated that I'll be cancelling my account in favour of another provider, thanks.