TPG Community

Get online support

Slow or non existant ADSl speed

luke
Level 3

Let me explain how TPG works.

1/You call them, they tell you to discinnect your lead from socket to modem and plug it into the Ethernet socket,then return it to modem socket , magically the speed is back to what it should be, but they tell you they did nothing and thus they need to escalate to their technical department.

2/The technical department do not call you ,so you escalate to their complaints department

3/They call you and tell you that it's an issue with the 2 pair from the exchange and Telstra have been booked to investigate and repair.

4/You get a call from the complaints people saying Telstra can't find the issue and you can cancel you ADSL2 if you wish.

5/Telstra never have been engaged and it's just TPG with their crap equipment at the exchange.

6/Find another ISP and guess what.......no issue with speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Good day @luke,

Thank you for raising this with us. We'd like to look into it to understand the situation.

Please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or CID number.

Kind regards,

luke
Level 3

None of you are helpful, you tell me all these stories and my speed is still unusable, you tell your@customers@ what they think they want to hear.Your inconsiderate to your customers needs, uncompassionate, drive people to stress and anxiety..

This is the last email i sent.....

Thank you, when will  I receive compensation or lower monthly charge(or no charge until rectified) considering I cannot use it as  per the contract I entered into with TPG and the stress and lost time at work and time spent on the phone to TPG.

I have had this problem now for nearly two months

Downloading a 100mb file has today taken over 4hrs!!!

I have contacted the ACCC to inform them of the situation & the stress that has been caused to myself, if the change of line does not improve my service then I will pass onto them the full details and all my records of :

1/Number of calls and time spent on them to TPG

2/Having to take time off work to be home(twice) whilst Telstra tech was around and who TOLD me he had changed the line..so someone is lying..and wasted my time

3/All emails sent to TPG re this issue

4/Paying for  a  20/5 speed but getting   2/.2

marantz
Level 3

Speak to ACCC and TIO and let them sort it out. Document all your communication  

in terms of what you brought up:

1/Number of calls and time spent on them to TPG - you get this with other ISP, Telstra/Optus included

2/Having to take time off work to be home(twice) whilst Telstra tech was around and who TOLD me he had changed the line..so someone is lying..and wasted my time - this is standard practice having to take time off work for a tech to come onsite. The tech should have run tests and have logs to back up what he said

3/All emails sent to TPG re this issue - same as point 1

4/Paying for  a  20/5 speed but getting   2/.2 - all ISP have this in disclaimer... up to xxx speeds depending on how far you are to exchange, quality of line, if you are in a paid gain, rim, quality of copper to your address (owned by Telstra), quality of copper in your building, etc, etc