TPG Community

Get online support

Speed Boost never worked and now the six months is over - what happens?

JimmyJ
Level 3

I was offered the Speed Boost for six months about six months ago.

The Boost never took effect and after quite a few emails and calls I gave up.

Now I have just received a message saying "I hope you enjoyed your Boost".

I am already having to restart my modem multiple times a week, so can someone please reassure me that this change to my service won't have any additional negative impact.

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @JimmyJ ,

Thanks for raising this to us. The expiration of the Free Speed Boost should not affect the performance of the service. Are you having issues with the connection? If so, feel free to provide brief summary on this thread.

Regards,

I was offered the Speed Boost for six months about six months ago.

The Boost never took effect and after quite a few emails and calls I gave up.

Now I have just received a message saying "I hope you enjoyed your Boost".

I am already having to restart my modem multiple times a week, so can someone please reassure me that this change to my service won't have any additional negative impact.

JimmyJ
Level 3

Hi there. I spoke to a number of people, tried a number of things then gave up. I'm sure it is all recorded on my account. I still need to cycle my modem regularly as DNS and IP errors occur on multiple devices and they cannot connect. The speed during the "boost" was what i would expect on my normal plan, so I am worried it will drop back when the boost ends.

dimitrios81
Level 2
Exactly the same issue I have
Ahra_G

Hi @dimitrios81,

We appreciate you raising this concern to us. 

Have you reported this issue to our Technical Team before? 

I've checked your account and it showed that your account is properly provisioned to the Ultrafast plan. 

Let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call in order for our Tech team to assist and check for any underlying connection issue. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

JimmyJ
Level 3

Thanks, but I've been through this before.

I wasted a lot of time on the phone and nobody could help.

They told me it was fine, but it wasn't and I never received Ultrafast speeds. At most on a good day, I get 50Mbps.

Ahra_G

Hi @JimmyJ

Our Technical Team will be more than glad to help. 

Just let us know of your availability and we'll be glad to assist.

-Ahra_G