benstruber
Level 2

Hello everyone,

My current service is the NBN 50.

I have FTTP.

Average nightly speeds are 53Mbps down and 22 up ping 7ms

Since the free boost speeds

average nightly speeds are 72Mbps down and 22 up ping 7ms

I am currently having a heap of buffering issues. I have updated the router to the latest software. reset the router, changed out Cat cables still no results. has anyone experienced this and have any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @benstruber

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection? What is the router that you are using? What type of Ethernet cable are you using (Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, etc.)?

The buffering issue, is it evident on all of your devices? What website are you accessing that buffers?

BasilDV

benstruber
Level 2

hi,

I am using wifi and use a Orbi router. The cable is cat6 between all 

I am using Netcomm NP505F Powerline Adapter 500mbps between the router and nbn box on the wall too. 

with the buffering it's seems to have got better, but YouTube and Netflix seem to still buffer a bit.

BasilDV

Hi @benstruber

Is your Orbi router has 2 Bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)? If yes, are you connected to the 2.4 or 5?

Have you tried to connect via Cable (Direct connection) to the router for comparison? If not, are you able to try?

This will help us narrow down the issue.

BasilDV

benstruber
Level 2

hi,

the Orbi has dual band it auto connects to the best band. I have checked on the device. My phone when connected is to the 5ghz is what my speed test is done on.

I don't have a device to check the cable to the router. Only have devices

my tv and PlayStation are connected directly.

BasilDV

Hi @benstruber

Do you experience the buffering issue with the devices connected directly?

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted tomorrow.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV